Unable To Receive Incoming Calls

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
hpsan
Unable To Receive Incoming Calls

Post by hpsan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:05 pm

As of 4:30 PM EST, i have been unable to receive incoming calls here in Palm Beach County Florida. Ooma Customer Service says it is a carrier routing problem. Unfortunately, Ooma says they have no engineering support on weekends, but someone in engineering will be working on Monday (Labor Day). The issued # CS67150. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

erebay

Re: Unable To Receive Incoming Calls

Post by erebay » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Same here in Orange County, CA - cant receive calls but can call out.

The dial tone has also changed. Instead of the usual musical introductory tone, it beeps twice before giving the dial tone.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:40 am

erebay wrote:Same here in Orange County, CA - cant receive calls but can call out.

The dial tone has also changed. Instead of the usual musical introductory tone, it beeps twice before giving the dial tone.
You have privacy mode enabled. Press and hold the envelope key until it is not red.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

hpsan

Post by hpsan » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:54 am

The privacy mode is not enabled and all buttons are blue. When anyone calls me from a landline or cell phone, they get a recording that says "MFL04 your call can not be completed at this time", or "MFL04 your call can not be completed as dialed". However, I can receive calls if someone calls me from another Ooma phone.

erebay

Post by erebay » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:18 am

murphy wrote:
erebay wrote:Same here in Orange County, CA - cant receive calls but can call out.

You have privacy mode enabled. Press and hold the envelope key until it is not red.

That worked! I can receive calls now.

but the envelope is still red. I have no messages stored either. No matter the length of time I press the envelope, it stays red?

ddouglas23

Post by ddouglas23 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:25 am

Have same issue in Akron, OH. Can make all outgoing calls, but only receiving a small portion of incoming calls -- callers get same message on unsuccessful calls. Can't seem to determine pattern -- consistent by phone number, though (i.e., repeated attempts from same number always yield same result). Ooma support is aware of issue (but I believe they said they were aware of issue in 330 area code, as all my calls were). We have been having issue since Friday (9/3), at least as far as we know -- still a problem as of 2:00p ET on Monday.

millerk21

Post by millerk21 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:18 pm

I have also been having this issue recently. People call my cell phone to say that the home phone is not ringing. Sometimes when I call, I get a message saying that the cellular number is no longer in service. Other times, it rings right through. Seems sporadic, but mostly often in the evening and on weekends. Any solution for this?

olaf_2k

Post by olaf_2k » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:49 am

Area code 724, same problem started by middle of Sept 2010. Many of the callers get a phony message: "We're sorry. Your call cannot be completed as dialed. You ..rect the number and dial again." Ooma support issued a ticket (CS 69616), claimed the same "carrier problem" and now almost a month later it's still not fixed. I'm moving back to Vonage in the next few days unless a miracle happens.

oomg

Post by oomg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Just north of L.A. Actually, I have two separate Ooma systems here. Telo seems to be functioning just fine. However, the Hub/Scout seems to be having problems. I can call in, but when I attempt to call out, there is dial tone, but calls will not go through.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

oomg

Post by oomg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:57 pm

Problem resolved. I appears to have been something on my end, but not quite sure. Just know it is working again and everyone here is happy.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.