Telo handset outgoing number

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
sbiller1
Telo handset outgoing number

Post by sbiller1 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:37 am

I have one issue with my Telo handset. Instead of sending out my primary number it sends out a new number that is assigned specifically to the Telo handset. Since most of the people I call don't recognize the Telo handset number they usually let the call go to Voice Mail. It would be great if I could assign my primary number as the outgoing caller ID for the Telo handset. I called Oooma customer support and they indicated that it isn't possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

murphy

Re: Telo handset outgoing number

Post by murphy » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:52 am

If you don't want the handset to have it's own number, put it back into the shared pool.

You can force sending the caller ID of the main number by dialing **0 before you dial the number that you want to call.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

sbiller1

Post by sbiller1 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:57 pm

murphy wrote:If you don't want the handset to have it's own number, put it back into the shared pool.

You can force sending the caller ID of the main number by dialing **0 before you dial the number that you want to call.
How do I put the Telo Handset back into the shared pool?

sbiller1

Post by sbiller1 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:59 pm

sbiller1 wrote:
murphy wrote:If you don't want the handset to have it's own number, put it back into the shared pool.

How do I put the Telo Handset back into the shared pool?
I think I figured it out. I associated the Telo handset with shared. Its not obvious but that is what I was looking for. Thanks!