Faxing not working today?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
roadshow
Re: Faxing not working today?

Post by roadshow » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:59 pm

it still amazes me that people get so "attached" to the POT's dial tone sound. I don't even notice the difference any more. I'm becoming "attached" to no phone bill on my OOMa Core. To me the POT's dial tone sounds expensive.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:12 pm

roadshow wrote:it still amazes me that people get so "attached" to the POT's dial tone sound. I don't even notice the difference any more. I'm becoming "attached" to no phone bill on my OOMa Core. To me the POT's dial tone sounds expensive.
For sure prefer Ooma dialtone over Comcast's dumb bouncing/choppy at the start dialtone.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:47 pm

lacakid wrote:almost makes you think the HUB is a better product :)
Hub's capability to provide 2 hard-wired lines and auto fax detection are nice pluses. HD on Telo is very attractive though.

Hub vs. Telo

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:26 am

lbmofo wrote:Tried faxing for the first time this morning. Sent a graphics intensive 1 pager without issues.

I have an old old old Muratec M920. Used *99 prefix. Because I have HPNA signal mixed in the house wire, I have a DSL filter hooked up to the fax machine.
Tried a 3 pager this morning, no problem.

RedStripe

Post by RedStripe » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:05 pm

I also faxed a 3 pager this afternoon and had no issues.

Did try to fax yesterday, and couldn't. Maybe something happened overnight.

RedStripe

Post by RedStripe » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:09 pm

ntoy wrote:Btw, engineering is still hard at work on this.
Thank you for paying attention to this and keeping us up to date. I really appreciate that someone on the inside is looking into this.

adehart

Post by adehart » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:25 am

I am still not able to send or receive faxes. Since I use Ooma for my business, which is done remotely, faxing is a critical feature for me. It worked fine up until a couple of weeks ago. Now incoming faxes get message "receive failed" and outgoing faxes get a variety of error codes on the transmission report. Does engineering have an update as to when this might be fixed? I would not recommend Ooma for a business phone if this can't be fixed since most businesses need the ability to fax.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:20 am

adehart wrote:I am still not able to send or receive faxes. Since I use Ooma for my business, which is done remotely, faxing is a critical feature for me. It worked fine up until a couple of weeks ago. Now incoming faxes get message "receive failed" and outgoing faxes get a variety of error codes on the transmission report. Does engineering have an update as to when this might be fixed? I would not recommend Ooma for a business phone if this can't be fixed since most businesses need the ability to fax.
Ooma was designed as a residential phone service.
See paragraph 9 in the TOS.

https://www.ooma.com/legal/terms-and-conditions
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

wuzbie

Post by wuzbie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:52 pm

I have not been able to send faxes for several days with our ooma hub like usual. I use the fax at home - usually for medical records... this is pretty annoying as it is holding up appointments and all. Usually my ooma has been very reliable and we love it much. Any idea on time frame for fixing or is do I go fedex?
Thanks.

superbengoshi

Post by superbengoshi » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:07 pm

Add me to the list of users who suddenly cannot send or receive faxes since the last release. I don't understand why ooma doesn't role back. I guess there have not been enough complaints. Maybe this issue needs to be posted to a third-party blog to get ooma's attention.

And Murphy, paragraph 9 of the TOS doesn't say ooma was designed for residential use. It says nothing of the design or any limited capabilities of the service. It is a contractual limitation on the use of the service which provides for an additional fee If you use the Equipment in a manner that is inconsistent with normal residential, non-commercial use. In other words, you have no recourse against ooma if you use the service for your business unless you are paying the applicable rates for a non-residential service plan. Clearly this implies that the service is "capable" of commercial use - and should be able to send and recieve faxes in the home office setting.

Nothing contained herein is intended to be legal advice.