Calling friends who have COMCAST

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
cactus-rose
Calling friends who have COMCAST

Post by cactus-rose » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:32 pm

[b]

:cry: I cannot get through to any of my family or friends who have COMCAST telephone service. What happens: I dial the number and I hear the phone ringing ... however as soon as the answering machine picks up or the person ... the call is dropped and I get the Ooma dial tone.

Please Ooma customer service help me fix this problem?? Or if anyone experienced a similar problem ... can you please give me some suggestions on how to fix this problem?

I don't need to be criticized for my choice of words or duplicate postings here ... I just need help!

Please help by giving me a solution to my problem??

[/b]!
Last edited by cactus-rose on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

southsound

Re: Calling friends who have COMCAST

Post by southsound » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:01 pm

Multiple posting really helps too. See my reply to your other obnoxious post.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

cactus-rose

Post by cactus-rose » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:29 am

southsound wrote:Multiple posting really helps too. See my reply to your other obnoxious post.

Southsound ... can you offer a solution to my problem? Please?

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:42 am

This is a user forum. You problem indicates an issue with routing. You need to call customer service with call times and phone numbers so they can track the calls and see why this is happening.

Wayne
ooma customer since January 2009
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Lifetime Premier Member

cactus-rose

Post by cactus-rose » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:39 am

WayneDsr wrote:This is a user forum. You problem indicates an issue with routing. You need to call customer service with call times and phone numbers so they can track the calls and see why this is happening.

Wayne

Thank you Wayne! You are right. I called Ooma Technical service dept. 888-711-6662 . They were wonderful trying to help me with this problem. Apparently, I am not the only one experiencing this issue placing a call to Comcast telephone customers. Ooma will be monitoring the problem and Blair with Ooma requested that I call Comcast. I am on hold with Comcast.

I hope this helps other Ooma customers who may be experiencing the same problems.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:26 pm

Hello cactus-rose,

I see your number ported back in 6/2010. Did this just started happening or first time calling a Comcast number?

cactus-rose

Post by cactus-rose » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Ooma fix my problem! I have friends who have Ooma who were experiencing the same problem. So happy Ooma fixed this problem so quickly!!!! YAY!!!