Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
MrGreg
Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Post by MrGreg » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:35 am

Lately, some incoming calls go straight to Ooma voicemail. I have the voicemail configured to answer after 38 seconds.

I don't think it's a case of two calls coming in at the same time, this happens too often to be that.

Has anyone else been experiencing this?

ladysman

Re: Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Post by ladysman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:19 pm

I've also experienced this lately in the last week. Along with this.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9830
ooma Telo connected to house phone panel
Port Requested - 2/1/10
Port Completed - 2/20/10
Comcast ISP

MrGreg

Post by MrGreg » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:11 pm

ladysman wrote:I've also experienced this lately in the last week. Along with this.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9830
I haven't experienced your other issue, just the "straight to voicemail" thing. Hopefully it just resolves itself soon... :?: :?:

Mike K

Post by Mike K » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:03 am

I also posted the same problem yesterday. There is no rhyme or reason for it. Calls to me from the same phone will sometimes go right to voice mail. Other times, the phone will ring through as they're suppose to. Nothing has changed in terms of equipment, internet provider, modem, etc.

scarson6

Post by scarson6 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:54 pm

I am experiencing the same problem. It seems like the only call it regularly happens to is my mother-in-law's (no joke!) from a New Mexico area code. Other times she gets through just fine.

Looking forward to a moderator's reply.

ShinKen

Post by ShinKen » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Add me to the list as well. It appears to only be happening to my parents and in-laws phone number. Very frustrating. They both use AT&T uverse, so could this be the culprit. Funny thing is yesterday a call came through no problems after a long period where their calls went straight to voicemail and now it is again sending their calls straight to voicemail. They are not getting any rings at all...

Look forward to hearing a solution to this.

Aveamantium

Post by Aveamantium » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:24 pm

Three things to check... First make sure you do not have Do Not Disturb enabled (hold envelope key until it is no longer red). Also check that you don't have anonymous call forwarded to voicemail in the privacy tab (in case their number comes across as anonymous). Lastly, check your blacklist settings just to make sure they aren't triggered to be forwarded to VM.
Go AVS!

Mike K

Post by Mike K » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:53 am

Thanks for the tips. But, in checking, none of them apply to my service> I have Core (basic) service, so blocking is the only feature that applies to me .... and none of my calls are blocked.

bryanlyle

Post by bryanlyle » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:13 am

Same issue here. It's happened probably 4 - 5 times over the past two weeks. Phone rings a couple of times but when we pick it up, it's just a dialtone and the call has gone to voicemail.
follow me on twitter: @bryanlyle

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:30 am

This likely is bug 9729 which was recently filed. If you have the call go straight to voicemail immediately or after one or two rings (assuming you have DND off and your voicemail pick-time is a high number). UPDATE 11/14: Thanks for everyone who has sent me examples - we believe we know the source of the problem and we're actively working on a fix.
Bobby B