Outbound Caller ID not working anymore

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
demaximis
Outbound Caller ID not working anymore

Post by demaximis » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:27 pm

For the past week or so, the people we are calling are telling us that our caller ID no longer works. We are showing up as "out of area" and are triggering Privacy Director for a lot of friends. We are using the Telo, and never had this problem before. CallerID is enabled under myooma. When I call my cell, I do see the number, but not the name. Any suggestions? Was this caused by the software update?

Thanks in advance!

2spirit

Re: Outbound Caller ID not working anymore

Post by 2spirit » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:09 am

I think this may be happening to me also. My neighbor wouldn't pick up on a recent call I made to her because she said that my caller ID displayed "Unknown". She confirmed to me that it had always worked before. This was a call from Telo to Verizon land line. I'll try to make some further test calls later today to determine if this problem still exists.
Telo w/ 2 Ooma Handsets
Annual Premier Subscriber

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:44 am

FYI, some info on how this works: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9488&start=10#p66139

gwwing

Post by gwwing » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:43 am

Same thing is happening to me. Since the last week or so my out going calls to friends have been showing up with a 415 area code. when I call friends I get a privacy manager that asks for a code. Friends do not have a code to give out! This is getting to be a pain trying to call friends since they don't want to answer an unknown with a 415 area code especially with all the political spammers. Any fix for this? I have used my Ooma for a couple of years without problems.

Post by 3214098253 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:56 pm

I too have used my ooma for a couple of years now with no problems with the outgoing caller id. Now for the last few weeks, everybody is telling me I'm showing up as Caller Unknown. I have looked at my_ooma preferences and everything is set correctly. You really need to fix this as a whole bunch of my friends are not picking up their phones when they see an unknown caller.

mikesv

Post by mikesv » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:11 am

We are having a similar issue (as of yesterday). It seems like homes in my immediate community are not getting our caller ID info. All cell phones still seem to ID our number. Some home phones in other areas (same area code) still catch our info.

Never have had an issue before.

Of course, I still love my ooma.

gwwing

Re: Outbound Caller ID not working anymore..now working

Post by gwwing » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:01 am

Not sure what happened.. but after a couple weeks of some local friends not getting our outgoing CID... its back!!! Friends did not change anything and as far as I know nothing changed at my end. At least there was nothing from Ooma to let me know they made any changes. Nice to have it back. Hope it stays. There goes the conspiracy theory that our friends were planning to vote us off the island.. :D

tadpolesuv

Post by tadpolesuv » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:51 am

I am having this problem as well. It looks like it started a couple weeks ago and is still happening. My cell phone seems to get the number but none of my friends see it. I am going to open ticket on this today. This is becoming a major headache. This has been a good service but losing basic functions like this bothers me. I expect to get the run around when I open a trouble ticket as well. Not sure what has changed. :cry:

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:42 pm

renatae

Post by renatae » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:32 pm

Thanks, lbmofo, for that info! Looks like the people having the trouble should not have had the trouble, per that page.

I never know if mine is going out correctly or not - no one has said anything, and a lot of people I call don't seem to pay attention much to caller ID. I'm the only obsessive in my family. ;)