Not able to leave messages on forwarded number

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Mike1
Not able to leave messages on forwarded number

Post by Mike1 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:22 pm

I currently have Packet8 VOIP service and my number is in the process of being ported over. While that is happening I logged into packet8 and forwarded all my calls to my ooma number. I also disable voicemail on my packet8 line. If I pick up the phone while its ringing the calls go through just fine. If someone has to leave a message it either hangs up on them or says the call is not capable from the phone you placed the call on.

Any ideas?

murdock

Re: Not able to leave messages on forwarded number

Post by murdock » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:49 pm

I have the same problem!

I received confirmation of my number port request on 3/30/09 (the appropriate papers had been filed to Vonage for the transfer)

Starting today, the number that's supposed to be trasferred from Vonage to ooma is giving a fast busy tone (from cell phones) and a "you can not make a call to this number" type of message.

I received no contact from ooma that the port is taking place today.

Vonage tried calling the number I'm trying to port on both its PSTN line an its Vonage line. The PSTN line gave a number is disconnected message and only the Vonage line was able to complete the call.

I sent an email about this to ooma. I hope it gets resolved very quickly because I'm missing important phone calls!