Unable to call Ooma from Sprint Mobile phone

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Green
Unable to call Ooma from Sprint Mobile phone

Post by Green » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:55 pm

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this...
When I call my Ooma number from my Sprint mobile phone (on the Sprint network) I hear nothing for 15-20 seconds then I get a busy signal. If I force my Sprint mobile phone to roam (using the Verizon network) I have no problems making or receiving calls to/from my Ooma phone. Is anyone else having problems calling Ooma phone from a Sprint mobile phone? Is there a solution to this problem other than forcing a Sprint phone to roam? Thanks in advance for your help!

lbmofo

Re: Unable to call Ooma from Sprint Mobile phone

Post by lbmofo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:19 pm

Call Sprint customer service and tell them that you have trouble calling a working number. Issue with how they are routing the call.

natedemaster

Post by natedemaster » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:29 am

I'm not convinced that the problem is with Sprint. Both my parents have Sprint phones (Rochester, NY numbers) and can not call my Ooma number. They went in to a Sprint store in Florida to investigate and no one on the Sprint network can call my Ooma number. This is a relatively new issue for me - within the past few months. Any help out there?

sfhub

Post by sfhub » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:07 am

There's probably a problem with between the back-end provider and Sprint. If it were me, I'd send a PM to ntoy or Dennis P. They can usually triangulate where the problem is happening and get it resolved.

natedemaster

Post by natedemaster » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:48 am

Being relatively new to the forum, how do I contact either of those individuals? Thanks for your help!

sfhub

Post by sfhub » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:57 pm

memberlist.php?mode=email&u=107

Make sure to provide the Ooma # and the number/particulars used to call Ooma (Sprint, mobile phone, etc.). Not saying it is a problem on Ooma's side, but that info could help narrow down where the problem is.

tadpolesuv

Post by tadpolesuv » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:24 am

I am having a very similar problem. I can't call my OOMA phone number from my place of business. I get 20 seconds of dead air then a fast busy signal. I was on the phone twice with OOMA and they say it's not their problem. The strange thing is that if I call my OOMA number as if it were a long distance number it works 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx. It is probably my carrier at work but how are we supposed to figure this out. We need help.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:41 am

tadpolesuv wrote:The strange thing is that if I call my OOMA number as if it were a long distance number it works 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx.
Do you have to dial 1 before calling other numbers in the same aread code as your Ooma #?

tadpolesuv

Post by tadpolesuv » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:12 am

No I do not have to dial 1 before any other numbers. Only my OOMA#. They claim it is the carrier for my work phone system. That may be true but I don't have access to get them to change anything. I don't really have anyone to turn to. Probably should have stayed with my cable phone line.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:21 am

Hello,

I noticed you have a 2nd number. Does it happen when you call your 2nd number as well?