Outbound Caller ID not working anymore

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
tadpolesuv
Re: Outbound Caller ID not working anymore

Post by tadpolesuv » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:21 pm

Unfortunately that is not my problem. My caller I'd was working fine until recently. I call several people who have a privacy service and before they saw my number. Now It shows as unknown and I have to go through the screening process. Something is wrong but ooma does not want to admit it. They are going to redo my caller I'd or that's what they tell me. I will let you know how it turns out.

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:52 pm

tadpolesuv wrote:Unfortunately that is not my problem. My caller I'd was working fine until recently. I call several people who have a privacy service and before they saw my number. Now It shows as unknown and I have to go through the screening process. Something is wrong but ooma does not want to admit it. They are going to redo my caller I'd or that's what they tell me. I will let you know how it turns out.
Are you talking about caller ID number or caller ID name or both?
They are totally independent of each other.
Ooma sends caller ID number with the call , if you do not have anonymous enabled.
The receiving phone company takes the incoming caller ID number and looks up the name in the database that they subscribe to; either their own or one they pay to use.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

tadpolesuv

Post by tadpolesuv » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:35 am

I am talking about caller ID not caller name. The strange thing is it works for some carriers but not for others. I can call my work number and the caller ID shows up but not when I call others numbers. It shows as unknown. I know this is a problem for AT&T numbers I call.

jeff.browning

Post by jeff.browning » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:55 pm

This is happening to me as well. In my case, my caller ID is being displayed as all zeros. I've had my Ooma hub for over a year and a half without any issues.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:31 pm

Try power cycling your Ooma as this user did: viewtopic.php?t=9633&start=10#p69373

tadpolesuv

Post by tadpolesuv » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:52 am

That did not work for me either. Ooma support has not been helpful at all. They are supposed to redo my caller I'd but nothing has happened so far. Very frustrating.