Top 3 lights flashing, 1 and 2 solid blue -- NOT a problem!

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Laughing Laura
Top 3 lights flashing, 1 and 2 solid blue -- NOT a problem!

Post by Laughing Laura » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:38 am

Hi, guys --

After a rough night where I thought my Telo was broken, I just talked to tech support and learned that the strange pattern of lights I'd never seen before is actually just Ooma's new way of updating firmware. After some initial lights and flashing, you'll see:
  • the Ooma symbol is unlit,
    the 1 and 2 are solid blue, and
    the top three lights are flashing
The update takes 5 to 13 minutes, so just let your Telo run through the cycle. If things don't look normal after a while, you can reboot the Telo (and your modem and router) with the normal unplugging and plugging back in routine.

Hope you're having a great weekend, everyone!

highq

Re: Top 3 lights flashing, 1 and 2 solid blue -- NOT a problem!

Post by highq » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:06 am

I wasn't aware that you could reach Ooma tech support on Sundays??

I needed to reset the mains circuit breaker for my office, so of course my Telo rebooted. I saw the pattern you describe happening after the cycling of the bottom four LEDs and before the logo flashes red.

Nevertheless my software is still at 41565, which dates from earlier this month.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:26 am

They are open on Sundays too; Monday - Friday 7am-7pm PST, Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Laughing Laura

Post by Laughing Laura » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:37 pm

highq wrote:I wasn't aware that you could reach Ooma tech support on Sundays??

I needed to reset the mains circuit breaker for my office, so of course my Telo rebooted. I saw the pattern you describe happening after the cycling of the bottom four LEDs and before the logo flashes red.

Nevertheless my software is still at 41565, which dates from earlier this month.
I was happily surprised to read on the contact page that they have great weekend hours for tech support. (It's still outsourced.)

For me, the logo didn't flash red or light up in any way. I'd never seen that before, and I was really concerned that my Telo was completely messed up. It was such a relief to know that it was a normal upgrade and that they've changed the way they do the lights.

alanrf

Post by alanrf » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:03 pm

As far as I can tell the new light sequence was introduced with the Nov 2 firmware update. The new light sequence is currently the same for any re-boot of my Telo whether a firmware upgrade is being made or not. It was the same in the last couple of times I re- booted the Telo in the last month as it was when it automatically performed the firmware download on 20.

Basically the top three lights flashing together seems to have replaced the flashing of the red colored central rosette at increasing speed.