TollSaver (voicemail)

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
magcoder
TollSaver (voicemail)

Post by magcoder » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:51 pm

Is there a feature in Voicemail like tollsaver?
I can set my existing answering machine to pick up after one ring if there are "new messages".

If there are not any "new messages" the answering machine will pick up after 4 rings.
So, if you hear rings two or three, there are no new messages, and you can hang up without connecting.

On some cell systems, and some land lines, there is no toll if the call is not completed.

Comment?

Larry

Jerry_NA

Re: TollSaver (voicemail)

Post by Jerry_NA » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:07 am

As far as I can tell, this is not an available option with Ooma. I would use it if offered. I suggest that you move this to "Feature Requests".

EricJRW

Post by EricJRW » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:39 am

That would be a nice feature to have... Though with all the minutes on my cell-phone and the via-Internet method, I'm not sure I'd ever really need it.
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5

milbo13

Post by milbo13 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:37 am

So 3 years later still no feature? This is a great thing to have - not to save money but to save time - if I don't have any messages I don't want to wait for the vm to pick up and put in * and my code, etc.... Someone at OOMA get on it!

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:16 am

If you have premier, you can get Vms forwarded to your smartphone.
If you don't, you can still login to my.ooma.com via smartphone to check if you have VMs. Will take less time and effort than calling your home phone.