Problems calling Finland

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
barante
Problems calling Finland

Post by barante » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:33 am

Overall, I am happy with Ooma, but before I terminate my verizon service, the following has to be resolved: I cannot call landlines in Finland with any certainty that the calls go through (Finland is included in the basic plan). Instead it rings and I get a message saying the call cannot be completed right now. Clearly this is not how a reliable telephone alternative is supposed to work.
I would like to have Ooma as my sole provider at home (I have cell for emergencies).
My number will transfer within a few days. I presume I could try to use some other commercial calling plan for landline calls to Finland, if Ooma is incapable of handling them. Pre-paid calls to cells in Finland work fine.

oldtimercurt

Re: Problems calling Finland

Post by oldtimercurt » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:16 am

That may just mean that the called number is busy. For some reason Ooma often doesn't return a busy signal. I get the same thing calling Germany. When the call does go through, yes they have been on the phone when I tried to call.

OTC