ooma lost my porting request?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
dogdad
ooma lost my porting request?

Post by dogdad » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:31 pm

I patiently waited over 30 days for my number to be ported. I decided to look into it today and the CSR could find no record of my payment or paperwork even though I have confirmation emails from ooma that everything was in order. The CSR wanted me to start the porting process over again, resulting in another $40 fee. I have forwarded all the email back to the CSR in hope that this can be straightened out. It is unfortunate that I will have to write out yet another check to QWEST.

niknak

Re: ooma lost my porting request?

Post by niknak » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:37 pm

dogdad wrote:... The CSR wanted me to start the porting process over again, resulting in another $40 fee....
When I requested number port OOMA took my Ccard Info, but I was not billed until after the port request went through.

Why should you have to pay twice if your port did not take place the first time? You paid for a service that you did not receive

buzzman

Post by buzzman » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:41 pm

dogdad wrote:I patiently waited over 30 days for my number to be ported. I decided to look into it today and the CSR could find no record of my payment or paperwork even though I have confirmation emails from ooma that everything was in order. The CSR wanted me to start the porting process over again, resulting in another $40 fee. I have forwarded all the email back to the CSR in hope that this can be straightened out. It is unfortunate that I will have to write out yet another check to QWEST.
Even when you got charged, you can always dispute it with your credit card company.

BTW, I'm also waiting to be ported from Qwest. It's been 10 days since I received a confirmation letter from Ooma, but just called Qwest today and they said there is no pending port request on my landline. We'll see what transpires.

dogdad

Post by dogdad » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:05 pm

I checked my credit card statement and there is no charge posted, as yet, for the port request from last March. I was trying not to place unnecessary burden on an understaffed CS department but a 30+ day wait was a mistake. I think 10 days is a fair interval. My call to CS today was answered immediately. I am told to expect a response within a day.

dogdad

Post by dogdad » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:58 pm

Yet another week has gone by and nothing but the sound of crickets from ooma. Now 44 days since I placed my porting order.

Pandora

Post by Pandora » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:09 pm

I'm 32 days in, supposedly it'll be over soon. Have you called the porting folks at the toll free number on the LOA?

buzzman

Post by buzzman » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:40 pm

I'm 21 days in and have no idea how much longer it's going to take. I'll call Ooma again tomorrow. :-)

Currently, I'm with Qwest also. Ooma charged the $40 fee right from the get-go even when my original OLA was rejected by Qwest.

cawags1156

Post by cawags1156 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:33 am

It will be 7 weeks on Friday. I am porting from Vonage. Just requested an update. This is a little crazy.
Carol

hwgang

Post by hwgang » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:47 am

Carol.

I ported two numbers to ooma from Vonage. The first went off without a hitch. The second was problematic and at one point there was even a conference call with ooma, Vonage and us.

I learned that two things an be critical:

Your Vonage bill be current (this is a MUST)
You shut down extra features on your Vonage line, like call forwarding (this is more random, but a road block when it matters).

After waiting for 2 months we corrected those two issues and the number ported in MINUTES (with no warning, which caused another set of problems---but I'd rather have the latter set than the former set! :-) )

Now the other line had features on it when it ported with no problems, but according to Vonage it frequently DOES cause problems in a porting situation.

Good luck

dogdad

Post by dogdad » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:09 pm

Day 55, still waiting for an answer to my porting order of March 9. - I called customer service tonight and was asked to resubmit my LOA. I have now emailed it to ooma 3 times.