Ability to disable voicemail via myOoma

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
czooma
Ability to disable voicemail via myOoma

Post by czooma » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:56 am

Please implement a feature to allow users to disable the Ooma voicemail via myOoma. I prefer to use my telephone unit's voicemail instead of Ooma's voicemail, but occasionally incoming calls don't start ringing at my house until the max time that I've selected (59 seconds) and calls roll into Ooma voicemail before I can answer. I would rather have the caller hear it continue to ring and not get picked up than have them leave a message on Ooma voicemail and me not realize they've left a message.

Thank you.

ntoy

Re: Ability to disable voicemail via myOoma

Post by ntoy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:09 am

Hello,

I do not see any future plans of this feature being implemented. If you wish, please send me a personal message
and we can permanently disable vmail for you.

EricJRW

Post by EricJRW » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:33 am

Maybe ooma could bump up the max voicemail pickup time?

Might be the best of both worlds, and an easy, user configurable, solution.
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5

sackreiter

Post by sackreiter » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:37 am

My Vonage service had multiple times selectable, but the last selection was "disable voicemail". I too would like to be able to disable voicemail.

sloan

Post by sloan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:56 am

When I had Vonage I had Voicemail turned off and would have the call forwarded to my cell phone if I didn't pick up after a few rings. It wold be nice to have this feature with Ooma.

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:14 am

czooma wrote:Please implement a feature to allow users to disable the Ooma voicemail via myOoma. I prefer to use my telephone unit's voicemail instead of Ooma's voicemail, but occasionally incoming calls don't start ringing at my house until the max time that I've selected (59 seconds) and calls roll into Ooma voicemail before I can answer. I would rather have the caller hear it continue to ring and not get picked up than have them leave a message on Ooma voicemail and me not realize they've left a message.

Thank you.
I prefer to use my phone's voicemail too just because it is in a handier location. I have my Panasonic answering set to 4 rings and then I have my Telo set to 6 rings or 59 seconds. Also, your Telo would have the envelope lit for you. Is your Telo where you can see it?

Donna

dsinternet

Post by dsinternet » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:46 am

I agree, it would be nice for Ooma to offer disable voice mail. My brother has basic Ooma and if his wife is on the phone and does not pick up the call waiting, then it kicks into voice mail 59 secs later. They never check it.