Faxing not working today?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
lbmofo
Re: Faxing not working today?

Post by lbmofo » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:09 am

On eBay, you can get an inline dsl filter for less than $2 including shipping; buy it now to boot.

EricJRW

Post by EricJRW » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:19 am

lbmofo wrote:On eBay, you can get an inline dsl filter for less than $2 including shipping; buy it now to boot.
I'll bet it ships out of China or Hong Kong... I've bought numerous button-cell batteries, and a few cat related items, from sellers in Asian... Always super low cost and free shipping. I don't know how they do it, but so far I've had good luck.
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5

TheDarkKnight

Post by TheDarkKnight » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Ooma support and fellow users, since being switched to the new server faxing outbound is working great again. However, inbound seems to be hit or miss for me.

Can Omma support please send out an update as to if they are sill working this issue? Is it considered fixed or are you sill searching for the cause of packet loss? Also can you please verify that the Telo does not require *99 if the unit is set in fax mode.

Meanwhile I will try the DSL filter which seems to have worked for a few people.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:00 pm

The issue causing the higher rate of fax failures has been resolved (as of Dec 1st). Fax success levels returned to what they were before the problem started.

*99 is always required when placing outbound faxes. "Fax mode" needs to be set for Telo devices if you wish to receive faxes, as the Telo doesn't have automated fax tone detection yet.
TheDarkKnight wrote:Ooma support and fellow users, since being switched to the new server faxing outbound is working great again. However, inbound seems to be hit or miss for me.

Can Omma support please send out an update as to if they are sill working this issue? Is it considered fixed or are you sill searching for the cause of packet loss? Also can you please verify that the Telo does not require *99 if the unit is set in fax mode.

Meanwhile I will try the DSL filter which seems to have worked for a few people.
Bobby B

TheDarkKnight

Post by TheDarkKnight » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:19 pm

Thank you for the update and information!

heart

Post by heart » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Inserted a Gigaware DSL filter (purchased at Radioshack for $15.99)
Inserted the filter into the Ooma phone out jack and then the fax line into the DSL filter line out.
Now only rare problems faxing

I did not have to change speed, error correction, etc.
I did not have to add *99

The problem occurs with other Voip devices, not just the Ooma.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:20 am

Since the original cause of higher rate of fax failures has been resolved, I'm going to close out this thread. If you have additional questions or issues regarding faxing, please go ahead and open a new thread.
Bobby B wrote:The issue causing the higher rate of fax failures has been resolved (as of Dec 1st). Fax success levels returned to what they were before the problem started.
Bobby B