Abbreviated Voicemails!

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Maher
Abbreviated Voicemails!

Post by Maher » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:23 am

My searching of this forum has led me to believe that the maximum length of a voicemail is 5 minutes, correct?

Then why did I just get cut off after 34 seconds with my parents' Ooma? I was leaving a test voicemail becuase a caller had told us that she got cut off, but she got cut off after THREE seconds. Clearly, this is not acceptable. Is there still a problem with Ooma? Is it not completely back up? I mean, it can't be because we've reached our voicemail capacity, because we only have one 9 second voicemail in our system.

Please help!

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Re: Abbreviated Voicemails!

Post by Dennis P » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:42 pm

5 minutes is the limit. If you are getting cut off earlier, I'd recommend you call customer service so they can troubleshoot on the phone with you. The system does silence detection and will hang up the call if it doesn't have anything to record, but that shouldn't kick in within 3 seconds.

Maher

Post by Maher » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:40 am

Ugh. Sorry, but I think I'll try it a few more times and see if it's still a problem tomorrow. I don't much like calling the support line...

bc3tech

Post by bc3tech » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:28 am

my mother in law recently had the same thing happened. she was in the middle of recording a msg and "beeep" *click* VM system hung up. Call time shows 39 seconds.

niknak

Post by niknak » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:57 am

bc3tech wrote:my mother in law recently had the same thing happened. she was in the middle of recording a msg and "beeep" *click* VM system hung up. Call time shows 39 seconds.
Are you sure you unchecked the "special mother in law box"? :)

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:25 pm

I'd pay for that one!

Wayne

southsound

Post by southsound » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:01 pm

Wayne,

In case your mother in law ever reads this forum we do have a spare bedroom. Nice Costco memory foam matress and of course, an ooma phone. I marvel at your capacity to risk life and limb for our enjoyment on this forum.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.