Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
lbmofo
Re: Some incoming calls still go straight to voicemail

Post by lbmofo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:39 pm

uconnfan, by any chance, do you have anonymous call block on? Is this consistently problematic number blocking callerid?

uconnfan

Post by uconnfan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:53 am

I did and it was the first thing I turned off 2 months ago when I started having this problem.

Also, as another data point I can tell you that both the numbers that consistently (every time) go to Voicemail show up on my caller id when they call my cell.

Thanks.

EricJRW

Post by EricJRW » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:05 am

uconnfan wrote:I did and it was the first thing I turned off 2 months ago when I started having this problem.

Also, as another data point I can tell you that both the numbers that consistently (every time) go to Voicemail show up on my caller id when they call my cell.

Thanks.
If you have not done so already, you might want to double-check your blacklist settings. Seems I have read a couple posts where settings mysteriously changed and were not what the user was expecting. Mine are both turned on, and I'll keep it that for a data point (none of my calls are very important).
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5

uconnfan

Post by uconnfan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:55 am

EricJRW wrote:If you have not done so already, you might want to double-check your blacklist settings. Seems I have read a couple posts where settings mysteriously changed and were not what the user was expecting. Mine are both turned on, and I'll keep it that for a data point (none of my calls are very important).
Thanks but I'm not a premiere member so I do not have access to the blacklist settings.

kilobravo3

Post by kilobravo3 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:57 am

I had another one ring and straight to voicemail this morning as well. My blacklist settings look the same as they always have with only about 5 numbers blocked.

EricJRW

Post by EricJRW » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:59 am

uconnfan wrote:
EricJRW wrote:If you have not done so already, you might want to double-check your blacklist settings. Seems I have read a couple posts where settings mysteriously changed and were not what the user was expecting. Mine are both turned on, and I'll keep it that for a data point (none of my calls are very important).
Thanks but I'm not a premiere member so I do not have access to the blacklist settings.
Ah it was worth a shot... I'm still in my free trial of premier period.
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:04 am

uconnfan wrote:
If you set up any blacklists during your Premier trial they may still be in effect. There have been several reports of the front end access to blacklists being turned off but the existing settings on the back end server not being wiped out.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

uconnfan

Post by uconnfan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:13 am

murphy wrote:If you set up any blacklists during your Premier trial they may still be in effect. There have been several reports of the front end access to blacklists being turned off but the existing settings on the back end server not being wiped out.
Blacklist was my initial thought. I did setup a blacklist, but I certainly did not blacklist these two phone numbers. I will, unfortunately, have to call Ooma support to make sure that I have no blacklist in effect.

Thanks.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:58 am

Hello,

Yes, we were a little premature in claiming victory over this issue & I apologize. The fix that was deployed did not completely fix all of the issues. This is a high priority for engineering! I'll post updates as I receive them.

Thanks!

rbuck

Re: Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Post by rbuck » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:37 pm

DirecTV support keeps going straight to Voicemail for me 800-531-5000 last two days. I am working on a problem with DirecTV and its EXTREMELY ANNOYING. I am a premier customer, is there anything I can do? Thread is too long to find any answer.

What stinks here is that you can only speak with a Supervisor from DirecTV by callback. They can't transfer me. GAAAAHHH!!