Cannot enter user info into Ooma Mobile App (iPod Touch)

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
skymom
Cannot enter user info into Ooma Mobile App (iPod Touch)

Post by skymom » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:08 am

Hi,

I downloaded the Ooma mobile app to my iPod Touch (4g) and went to my Ooma account to obtain the username and password I need to use to log in. However, when I open the app, I get the screen to enter the username and password, but I can't get to any means to enter it. I touch the username field, and nothing happens (e.g. a virtual keyboard to enter the info). Same for the password. It's as if it's locked.

Is this a known issue? Did I do something out of order? I purchased and downloaded the app to my PC and synched via iTunes.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Skymom
Ooma Telo, Telo Handset, Premier customer since March 2010.

ntoy

Re: Cannot enter user info into Ooma Mobile App (iPod Touch)

Post by ntoy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am

Hello,

Did you try re-generating a new Ooma Mobile key?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:37 pm

skymom wrote:Hi,

I downloaded the Ooma mobile app to my iPod Touch (4g) and went to my Ooma account to obtain the username and password I need to use to log in. However, when I open the app, I get the screen to enter the username and password, but I can't get to any means to enter it. I touch the username field, and nothing happens (e.g. a virtual keyboard to enter the info). Same for the password. It's as if it's locked.

Is this a known issue? Did I do something out of order? I purchased and downloaded the app to my PC and synched via iTunes.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Skymom
Seems like a problem with your device not responding. Are other applications in the same boat? Have you tried rebooting your touch? If itunes is new to you, have you authorized your computer under the store menu item?

skymom

Post by skymom » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:01 pm

ntoy and lbmofo,

Thank you for your replies. I was finally able to connect my account, and it works like a champ. Very nice application to have as a premier member. I think there might have been a brief period of time that my iTunes was in an unauthorized state while I was trying to do this, so that might have been the issue. Didn't realize the DRM was so sophisticated, but I can understand the need to protect IP.

Thank you again!

Skymom
Ooma Telo, Telo Handset, Premier customer since March 2010.