Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
mhowie
Re: Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Post by mhowie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:43 pm

rbuck wrote:DirecTV support keeps going straight to Voicemail for me 800-531-5000 last two days. I am working on a problem with DirecTV and its EXTREMELY ANNOYING. I am a premier customer, is there anything I can do? Thread is too long to find any answer.

What stinks here is that you can only speak with a Supervisor from DirecTV by callback. They can't transfer me. GAAAAHHH!!
For important calls, apparently Ooma customers need to provide a cellphone # to ensure a call actually makes it to its intended recipient. Hopefully you (and the earlier individual whose health was jeopardized due to Ooma's failure) have one.
--Howie

rbuck

Post by rbuck » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:31 pm

I love Ooma, it saves me a ton of money, so its annoying, but not something to beat them up for. Its a techie world and sometimes the fusion tri-couplers have a core line meltdown. They'll fix it. Keep yer pantsies on.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:10 pm

rbuck wrote:I love Ooma, it saves me a ton of money, so its annoying, but not something to beat them up for. Its a techie world and sometimes the fusion tri-couplers have a core line meltdown. They'll fix it. Keep yer pantsies on.
We don't want a meltdown do we? :P

ccm

Re: Some incoming calls still go straight to voicemail

Post by ccm » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:41 am

uconnfan wrote:
Postby ntoy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:26 pm
Hello,

I wanted to post an update on this thread. Our engineering team has deployed the fix & successfully upgraded all servers over this past weekend. Also, we are going to close out this thread. If you have questions or issues, please open a new thread.
Whatever fix that was deployed yesterday did not solve my problem. Still at least two phone numbers (same ones) that go straight to voicemail. Seriously need a fix and in the meantime some sort of work-around.

Anybody else still experiencing the problem?
Thought this issue has been resolved.....until another call went into VM after one ring few minutes ago. Yes, I'm still experiencing the problem....hmmmm

utahsnow

Post by utahsnow » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:56 am

I'm still having the problem too. Just one number. It goes straight to VM, no matter whether they dial more main (ported) number or my secondary (non-ported) number. This has been happening with this number for 3 weeks or so. Before that, it worked fine for 5 months.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:12 am

ntoy wrote:Hello,

Yes, we were a little premature in claiming victory over this issue & I apologize. The fix that was deployed did not completely fix all of the issues. This is a high priority for engineering! I'll post updates as I receive them.

Thanks!

kcweiss

Post by kcweiss » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:37 am

I have been a Premier member for 3 years now and have been having this problem for several weeks.

I just wanted to add that I have my incoming calls set to also ring on my mobile phone. When this problem occurs, the call only rings once on my mobile before it goes into the Ooma voicemail, which doesn't give me time to answer it. So, for those of you thinking that being a Premier member provides a workaround for this issue....it doesn't.

bobjohnson1221

Post by bobjohnson1221 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:08 am

Has anyone tried disabling Ooma VM as described in this post?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10195

Will that solve the problem or do the calls that were forwarding to VM instead just go nowhere. This would not be an ideal solution for those who use Ooma VM but I'm having the problem with calls forwarding through Google Voice going straight to Ooma VM and would rather have Ooma VM disabled entirely so that the Google Voice calls would ring on my Ooma phone and if I don't pick up then they get answered by my Google VM only.

Just a thought for those working on a fix for this glitch. Thanks for such an otherwise great service!

Of course if the calls still try to forward to the disabled Ooma voicemail and just end up in limbo then that wouldn't help. The system works well most of the time but every now and then calls go straight to Ooma VM. I have an Ooma hub with Core service tier and everything worked fine until a few weeks ago when random calls started to get immediately grabbed by Ooma VM.

dschmidt_2000

Post by dschmidt_2000 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Postby ntoy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:26 pm
Hello,

I wanted to post an update on this thread. Our engineering team has deployed the fix & successfully upgraded all servers over this past weekend. Also, we are going to close out this thread. If you have questions or issues, please open a new thread.
What happened to the above post? (or was it posted in another area?)

Also, why would you close this thread anyways? If the problem goes away, then so will the need to post.

MsCoulter

Post by MsCoulter » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:16 pm

I don't receive a lot of phone calls so I am late in discovering a problem and also late in realizing when it is fixed, but I have not noticed any calls going to voicemail prematurely in at least a week. I hope I am not speaking too soon, but I think that my issue is fixed. I have the hub and scout without any extra services.