Ooma signal a bastard signal?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jgreg
Ooma signal a bastard signal?

Post by jgreg » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:21 pm

As a new user (Telo Premier with two handsets) I'm still fine tuning this system and trying to coordinate it with Google Voice Extension. All but two issues I've had are irritants which I can live with a little longer. Two are not and demand a fix.

First - dropped call. My service is less than 45 days old. Last week I received my first dropped call. No apparent reason; simply a dropped call in the middle of a conversation. This is the major reason I left Vonage. My Telo modem is between my cable modem and my router ... which was supposed to reduce the chance of this occurring. Dont know what to do about this at the moment but if it continues... I'll have a problem.

Second - Ooma's connection to at least one major retailer can't be read properly by that inhouse phone system... which makes me wonder just how many other phones I'll soon discover I can't connect with. Here's the incident:

I called a Home Depot (HD) store in Wadsworth Ohio this morning; 330-336-7257. The recording was recognized as an in-house HD recording but it's message was strange. It told me the number was no longer valid but gave no options. Since I got the number from a net directory searching for tool rentals, I picked another location; Medina 330-721-7886. Same response. I tried a third; Montrose. This time I got a person. The Wadsworth number was verified as being correct. I asked the salesman if he'd be kind enough to try that number while I waited. He confirmed he had no problem reaching it. I tried again. Same problem. I picked up my land line (which I was planning on dropping next month) and dialed Wadsworth. Connected!

I suspect there's something in the Ooma signal that can't activate certain Home Depot numbers. If anyone has had similar experience or has a solution, please let me hear from you.

lbmofo

Re: Ooma signal a bastard signal?

Post by lbmofo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:31 pm

You are right, with AT&T cell phone, I can get a "we are closed" msg meaning the calls reach the stores. However, with Ooma, both numbers you listed seem to get a Home Depot recording saying that those numbers are non working.

You can call Ooma CS to open a ticket to investigate where the problem lies.

Not sure if this is an Ooma routing problem though because whoever delivering the message knows the number is supposed to be Home Depot's. Maybe the problem is with Teleport/AT&T.

For the voice quality/dropped call issue, check out: viewtopic.php?t=10023

jgreg

Post by jgreg » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:56 am

Thanks. I'll pursue a ticket on the issue. Anyway of doing that on-line rather than through the phone. Hate to take the time to rehash when it's all in print already.

EricJRW

Post by EricJRW » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:45 pm

There is also a way to contact support on-line: http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/ask/

This method also allows you to attach a document.
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5