They can't hear me

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
stevepierce
Re: They can't hear me

Post by stevepierce » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:40 pm

Thanks for your kind post and helpful reply.

- Steve

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:45 am

Syculmaun: Ibmofo is right, you may have a problem with your modem, or if your Ooma device is placed behind (LAN side of) your router, you may have router problems.

ogogilby

Post by ogogilby » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:31 pm

I too have been having the same problems of the other party not being able to hear me. Everyone talks about the problem but what is OOMA doing to correct it. It must be a system and not an individual problem. I have had OOMA for 1 year and have been very happy until now. I have contacted OOMA but noticed this forum and I'm sure other subscribers are having the same problem and not reporting it. OOMA HELP!!!!!!!

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:27 am

syculmaun & ogogilby:
For anyone having this problem:
This is most likely a firewall closed or malfunctioning port problem, somewhere in the circuits from your Ooma device, to the legacy carrier, and back to your Ooma device. Have you called customer service? This is just a forum and weather Ooma customer service sees your problems are just hit or miss. Call customer service and report your "I can't hear them" problems.

stumpy

Post by stumpy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:37 pm

stevepierce and highhq

Unfortunately it takes a lot of "breast beating" and many people complaining to get Ooma's attention. Therefore, I am not irritated by multiple posts or threads. But it does bother me when someone like highhg attempts to smother the discourse. Neither you nor I can fix this problem, so why waste time interfering with people asking for or giving information that might be of help?

By the way, I have been having call quality issues with echo on my end and corrupted hearing on the other. So, help bang on Ooma's door for a solution, don't hinder us tech challenged with your bantering.

Peace

donl1133

Post by donl1133 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:00 pm

Hello:
I can add my complaint to the list of "can't hear me". Started having the problem about the middle of Nov. I've e-mailed CS about the problem a few times now. Received an answer each time, but anything they suggested I had already tried and last Thur. they wanted to know when I would be available for a phone call. Told them a time and am still waiting for the call. I too wish they would respond to at least let us know there is a problem and they are working on it. Ooma listen up.

Don

Bill D

Post by Bill D » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:01 am

Add me to the list here as well.

After a year of relatively good service from my Hub, I've also had numerous calls lately to and from land lines in the 949 and 714 area codes where I've heard the other party fine, but they reported decreasing volume, noise and having difficulty hearing me after several minutes of conversation. "Hang up and call back" solves the problem.

This is a difficult problem to identify and diagnose because its only the other party experiencing the problem and they may not report it to me until it is unbearable to them.

Bill

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:46 am

Bill D: Besides closed or malfunctioning ports, defective or malfunctioning phones are the second greatest cause of the type problems you are having. Maybe you could use a different phone for a while to eliminate the possibility that your phone might be defective.

Bill D

Post by Bill D » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:52 am

thunderbird wrote:Bill D: Besides closed or malfunctioning ports, defective or malfunctioning phones are the second greatest cause of the type problems you are having. Maybe you could use a different phone for a while to eliminate the possibility that your phone might be defective.
Closed or malfunctioning ports seem unlikely to cause low volume and noise to the other party, but I'll agree to the possibility of a defective or malfunctioning phone. My budget Uniden DECT phones here have acted flaky on occasion in other ways, so I'll look for a replacement.

Bill

MikeY

Post by MikeY » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:20 pm

This started happening to me TODAY as well, intermittently, after flawless performance for the first two months after purchasing my hub. It started happening about 60% of the time immediately after I purchased an Ooma international bundle. I don't know why that would be. Anyone have any thoughts?