Help me with port issue...

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Bosco
Help me with port issue...

Post by Bosco » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:21 am

I bought my Ooma 12-10-10 and after signing up, was given a port date of 12-21-10. I was confirmed as being ported 12-21-10 by Ooma. My internet has not worked since I woke up on 12-21-10. I have my internet plugged into my new dry DSL. I called ATT and they said "it's probably because you have not completed the port of your old account". It still is not working today. Should I call and cancel my old account with ATT to see if the new dry loop account will make my dsl work? I love my Ooma but if I knew it would be this hard to get started I would have left it alone. Please help...

Leeway

Re: Help me with port issue...

Post by Leeway » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:48 am

Have you rebooted EVERYTHING? A reboot of all connections is the first place to begin.

You do not need to call to cancel your old account. It will happen automatically

Donna

Bosco

Post by Bosco » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:02 am

I have rebooted my dsl several hundred times. I have not reconnected my Ooma since I need dsl to work 1st.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:28 am

Hello,

Yes, your number port completed yesterday.Your internet connection is working? I do not show any current logs What lights do you see on your telo? How do you have Ooma configured?-Ex:Modem>Ooma>Router? Any link lights on the "To Internet" port on the telo?

Bosco

Post by Bosco » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:25 am

I guess my internet connection is not working. Here is my setup. Phone company came out monday and told me to disconnect the 2 wires that were on my old line and move them down to the connection to the new line. That would make all my phone jacks in the house essentially dsl jacks (should I run only 1 dsl line directly from the outside box to the modem?). I do not have my Telo connected right now because my internet is not working, my ATT 2 wire modem is flashing red for internet connection. Before porting my number I had my modem connected to the wall with the dsl filters,the Telo connected to the back of my 2 wire modem, and from the wall port of Telo to the dsl filter in the wall and it worked fine. Should I still use the dsl filters? Thanks.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:05 am

Bosco wrote:I guess my internet connection is not working. Here is my setup. Phone company came out monday and told me to disconnect the 2 wires that were on my old line and move them down to the connection to the new line. That would make all my phone jacks in the house essentially dsl jacks (should I run only 1 dsl line directly from the outside box to the modem?). I do not have my Telo connected right now because my internet is not working, my ATT 2 wire modem is flashing red for internet connection. Before porting my number I had my modem connected to the wall with the dsl filters,the Telo connected to the back of my 2 wire modem, and from the wall port of Telo to the dsl filter in the wall and it worked fine. Should I still use the dsl filters? Thanks.

Yes, the red lights on the 2wire isn't a good sign. You tried it with the dsl filter from the wall to the 2wire? May need a call to AT&T.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:44 am

Bosco wrote:Phone company came out monday and told me to disconnect the 2 wires that were on my old line and move them down to the connection to the new line. That would make all my phone jacks in the house essentially dsl jacks (should I run only 1 dsl line directly from the outside box to the modem?).
Can you tell us more what AT&T did? Did they connect Line 2 to DSL at the NIB?

Bosco

Post by Bosco » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:06 pm

Can you tell us more what AT&T did? Did they connect Line 2 to DSL at the NIB?

What I call line 1 was my orig home/dsl line & I was told to disconnect the 2 wires(coming from the street) from that connection in the box and move it down in the box to a new connection that he labeled the new number (what you call line 2?)

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:16 pm

Bosco wrote:Can you tell us more what AT&T did? Did they connect Line 2 to DSL at the NIB?

What I call line 1 was my orig home/dsl line & I was told to disconnect the 2 wires(coming from the street) from that connection in the box and move it down in the box to a new connection that he labeled the new number (what you call line 2?)
So, he told you which screw terminals are live with DSL now? If that's the case, then you can connect your 1st pair to those screw terminals and your DSL should come alive. Unplug the modular plug before you disconnect/connect wires.

Once you got DSL working, you can put DSL on pair 2 so you can distribute Ooma dialtone throughout the house: viewtopic.php?t=10261

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:20 am

Looks like your telo is back in business!