Telo Handset contacts sync

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
ianlilyan
Telo Handset contacts sync

Post by ianlilyan » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:48 am

Hi all

Just got an Ooma Telo and a Telo Handset over Christmas. Very impressed so far. However, it seems that contacts don't sync automatically from the My Ooma web page? I added a contact last night and it still doesn't show up on the handset this morning. I can sync it manually through the handset menu, and that works fine. But it should happen automatically, right?

Thanks

ntoy

Re: Telo Handset contacts sync

Post by ntoy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:07 am

Hello,

Yes, I have confirmed the issue & filed a bug on this. We'll keep you posted.

ianlilyan

Post by ianlilyan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:40 am

Great, thanks. Assume this is a general issue at the moment?

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:09 am

Contacts syncing doesn't happen automatically - you need to either:
  • Click the sync button on the My Ooma contacts page (wait 5 minutes for the sync).
  • Navigate to "Menu->Service Settings->Sync Config" on the Telo Handset (wait a few seconds for the sync).
Bobby B

ianlilyan

Post by ianlilyan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:45 pm

ntoy - is there any update on this? My Telo Handset still won't sync when I choose the Sync Config option from it's menu. It's been quite a while now and it's frustrating not being able to add contacts....

i24u

Post by i24u » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:42 pm

I have had the same problem for a month now. I know they are working on it. I can get it to sync now but I can't make any changes. If I make changes to the persons name for example: I put in Lyn instead of Lynn. When I change it online to Lynn it still won't sync to the phone and shows up as Lyn

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:23 am

ianlilyan wrote:ntoy - is there any update on this? My Telo Handset still won't sync when I choose the Sync Config option from it's menu. It's been quite a while now and it's frustrating not being able to add contacts....
Hello,

Sorry I don't have any updates at the moment. The only non practical workaround I have is to add a duplicate with the correct information, delete the original, & sync. Of course make sure to write down the info before you do a massive add.