Interesting Call Forwarding Problem

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jimnj72
Interesting Call Forwarding Problem

Post by jimnj72 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:09 pm

I have my number on Ooma setup with 1) Enable Call Forwarding, 2)Forwarding Mode: Multi-Ring to my cell phone. It seems to work great when everyone calls me except my brother. The interesting part is my brother is also on Ooma. We have discovered that my calls to him do not forward through Multi-Ring to his cell phone either but all other calls from other carriers do multi ring to cell phones. Any ideas? We are both using an Ooma Telo and have the latest firmware.

eessydo

Re: Interesting Call Forwarding Problem

Post by eessydo » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:42 pm

Same problem here, just tested it. My home Ooma line does not forward to my cell, but all other cell phone, land line, and VoiP line calls do.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:41 pm

Ooma to Ooma calls do not multi-ring.

viewtopic.php?t=7446

jimnj72

Post by jimnj72 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:51 am

I did get a response from support saying Ooma to Ooma does not support multi ring but I don't understand why? I've had vonage and viatalk and neither had problems multi-ringing internal calls. For anyone who is interested here is my response from Customer Support:

-----------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Ooma Customer Care!

I understand your concern regarding the Multi-ring feature not working on Ooma to Ooma calls.

This is actually one of the features that is limited to only landline and cell-phone calls. Because your brother uses Ooma, you wouldn't be able to have calls from his Ooma phone number forward to the phone numbers you have set for the Call Forwarding and Multi-ring.

What happens is the Ooma system would treat Ooma to Ooma calls like an intercom call recognizing your number as an assigned intercom number.

This issue is something that our Engineering department had been working on since the release of both Call Forwarding and Multi-ring features.

Also, there would be some instances that calls from other VoIP numbers wouldn't be forwarded to the phone numbers you have set for the Call Forwarding and Multi-ring.