Taxes and Fees

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
ntoy
Re: Taxes and Fees

Post by ntoy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:14 pm

vidan wrote:You are correct, I did not cover exceptions. As long as the account isn't cancelled, you'll retain the account services even on transferring units. These exceptions require a call to our support folks. Note: warranties on the hardware would not be covered from third party purchases.
Ntoy
What do you mean by third party what is first and second thanks
Hello,

If you purchase Ooma products from an unauthorized retailer(3rd party), we cannot honor the warranty on that device. For example, a purchase from eBay.

allo

Post by allo » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:56 pm

vidan wrote:You are correct, I did not cover exceptions. As long as the account isn't canceled, you'll retain the account services even on transferring units. These exceptions require a call to our support folks. Note: warranties on the hardware would not be covered from third party purchases.
Ntoy
What do you mean by third party what is first and second thanks
At least now we know the rules of the game (unless it changes later).
Third Party in this instance probably refers to this ranking order:

1st Party: OOMA

2nd Party: Authorized Retailers - Amazon, BUY.COM (doesn't include other merchants patronized by them, unless they are also authorized dealers), Bestbuy, Costco, New Egg, Etc...

3rd Party: Fly by nite bozos (flee-bay a.k.a. ebay, auction-sites-... private parties...)

PS: Third party is often used to refer to a person or entity who is not one of two involved in some explicit relationship.

ajw522

Post by ajw522 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:21 am

ntoy wrote:
mey wrote:I just activated my ooma. I got 60 day free premier trial. When my fees do start, how does ooma collect fees "automatically"? I did not give any credit info.
Hello,

You are one of the few that has what I call a "Golden Ooma Egg" which does not include taxes or fees.
Do you mean to say that there are a few NEW Ooma Telos that do not include taxes or fees, or are you saying "Golden Ooma Eggs" are the Core Oomas?
Customer since August 2009
Hardware: Core Telo w/ HD2 Handset;2 ooma Hubs
Lifetime Premier Subscription
iPhone 7 Plus w/Ooma Mobile App
Internet: AT&T U-Verse 50Mbps

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:07 am

He meant Core.

mey

Post by mey » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:35 pm