Porting Delayed- OOMA process is horrific/incomeptent

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
bonflizubi
Porting Delayed- OOMA process is horrific/incomeptent

Post by bonflizubi » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:47 pm

So I read through the forums and all before I initiated my port (and I made sure I was happy with call quality, which I was). I was pretty sure I understood the port process well, but low and behold, OOMA’s process is beyond a joke.

They don’t even follow their own instructions!

I’ll give a chronology... and maybe someone can explain the insanity of this.

Dec. 29
1) port request submitted to bring my number over from Verizon.

2) Received confirmation email back from email about the port request in progress.

3) got an email update about my port. Note the DSL section, it will be important later. Note that it says OOMA RECOMMENDS separating your DSL prior to porting, but not REQUIRES.

-------------------------
Dear xxxxxx,
Your porting order has been updated with an estimated completion date of 01-19-2011. Note that this date is an estimate. A second notification will be sent when your phone company has confirmed the date of transfer.
Please take this opportunity to review that the following information is correct and exactly matches your most current phone bill:
Phone Number to Port: 6178689346
Carrier: VERIZON
Name on Phone Bill: Arik marks
IMPORTANT: Any information that does not exactly match your most current phone bill will result insignificant delays in the completion of your order. In addition, you will be responsible for change fees of up to $200 that may be levied by our carrier if your order needs to be changed, corrected or rescheduled within five business days of your port completing. PLEASE take a moment now to check and double check all information. If you have any concerns or have any corrections that need to be made, contact an Ooma customer support representative immediately.
IF YOU HAVE DSL: If your Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) Internet connection is associated with the phone number you are trying to port, your DSL service will be cancelled on the day of transfer. Ooma recommends that you do not proceed with transferring your phone number until you have separated your DSL from your phone line (dry-loop DSL). If your port needs to be rescheduled for any reason within five business days of your port completing, you will be responsible for change fees of up to $200 that may be levied by our carrier.
---------------------------

Dec 30) My ooma settings/port status shows progress on the port and a scheduled date of completion to be by 1/19 (which is absurdly long to do this but that is a tangential issue)

Jan 4) I checked my ooma status page and noticed that it had gone from 1/19 as of the night prior to now saying “Porting Status : There was a problem displaying your porting status. One or more fields may be missing. Please contact Ooma support for more information.”

OK, I’ll bite something is wrong.

- Called OOMA, hit 3 on IVR to get to porting problems. Rep thinks about it for a minute and says something about line sharing problem. I don’t know what this means so I ask for an explanation. Rep says she doesn’t know either she’d have to check with the porting department. I ask to speak to them but they don’t speak to customers. WHAT? Let’s let the rep who doesn’t know what this means yet is answering calls about porting issues play the telephone game between me and the port department? ABSURD.

-So, I ask for a supervisor. Put on hold for a few minutes and the phone is answered. When I ask if it’s a supervisor, it isn’t. WHAT? After a few minutes they explain that they had been told what my problem was by original rep and they would look into it for me.

- They inform me it’s the line sharing and that there is DSL on the line I want moved. This is where it gets interesting
I explain that I had cancelled the DSL on my old Verizon line since DSL is my backup system and I use my cable modem as primary internet anyway.

She then asks what I put on my LOA page. I say, well I think Cable, probably not DSL, why? She hems and haws, and I repeat the info again so that she knows I followed all instructions properly and am very confused.

In the meantime I ask why I wasn’t notified about the problem and am told that I was emailed either today ( or perhaps the day prior). Funny thing. No email from OOMA. Nothing in my spam folders – and I never delete ANYTHING, even spam – and I have received all past correspondence from OOMA. SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH YOUR EMAIL SYSTEM?!?!?!?!?

- At this point she puts me on hold to look into it. 20 minutes later.. after hearing only dead air I presume I’ve been hung up on and give up (it turns out that ooma- a telecom provider, can’t even spring for a recording thanking me for being on hold, but prefers dead air as its preferred method of letting you know you are on hold……)

-Now I am steamed and call back asking for a supervisor, who as it turns out is knowledgeable and on the ball. (Though this helps me very little) What I find out astounds me. On the 29th or 30th OOMA had promptly checked with Verizon and discovered I had DSL on my line (I Must have cancelled DSL later that day). As a result, they take 5 days. FIVE!!!. to update an error status on my account and not email me. Why? It turns out that counter to their own TOS and the info in the email quoted above, whenever this happens they contact the customer to make sure that they don’t get pissed when the port happens if they lose DSL. A nice thing for the people that can’t follow instructions perhaps, and had they called me or emailed me on the day they found out I Wouldn’t object, but a 5 day lag? (and no I don’t care that there was a holiday…an email should be auto-generated asking me to call in as soon as any issue might have been noted…)

1) WELL I USE THE CABLE MODEM 2) THEIR LETTER SAYS RECOMMENDED DSL DISCONNECT

Am I the only one that follows instructions?

-But wait, it gets worse! Once I have clarified all of this (and proven that my email address works just fins as I have received a bunch of other ooma emails) I am told that they will resubmit my port request and it should be done in 3-4 weeks. It hit’s the process juts as if I had never made the request in the first place….there is no way to expedite it! WHAT?

You would think that when the error is entirely on OOMA’s part that they would put my request in queue ahead of all new requests, but no! SO now I am subject to even more delay. And we all know that it doesn’t take 3-4 weeks to port a number. Verizon told me they answer all requests in like 3 days max.. and clearly they responded within a DAY to OOMA’s initial request. What is the story with the operational backlog? This is ridiculous.

So lastly I say I want service credit. The super says he cant do that unless it takes more than the 30-4 weeks (from today, not the initial request for port). WHAT? They make the errors (plural), I follow the instructions to the letter on my end, they don’t follow their own emails, they don’t actually send their emails to me etc…. yet I am not compensated for the loss of over 70 minutes of my time in dealing with them, plus whatever extra I pay Verizon in waiting on the port?

Time is money…. And money is the ONLY reason anyone is switching to a VOIP service. All things being cost equal we would use a landline POTS situation because it’s fidelity and reliability cannot be beat.

Can someone from OOMA please explain how their process can be so horribly, fatally flawed? I’ve run into some silly stuff dealing with call centers and telecom companies, but this is the dumbest set of circumstances I’ve seen yet….

Not off to a good start OOMA….

EDIT. After writing this up, i rechecked the my ooma/status of port page and it says I am now scheduled to be done by 1/25.
Step Completed Comments
Order received Received order on Dec 29, 2010
Information verified Your porting info was verified on Dec 29, 2010
Port initiated Number port is estimated to complete on Jan 25, 2011

I lost a week due to this BS?
ooma noob

lbmofo

Re: Porting Delayed- OOMA process is horrific/incomeptent

Post by lbmofo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:21 pm

bonflizubi, I understand where you are coming from, you lost a whole week and it is very frustrating indeed especially when you were looking forward to port completion.

I get the feeling though that once you get rid of Verizon, you'd be happy and forget about this snafu all together. Just look at my avatar! :P

If it makes you feel any better....here are some tidbits:

Generally, with Verizon, it is usually 3 to 4 weeks. However, the record port-in to Ooma is 9 days (all from AT&T). So it isn't just Ooma's speed (Ooma's carriers' speed actually) that's at play here. Verizon's speed is at play here too.

When you port your number into Ooma, the other carrier (Verizon) doesn't deal with Ooma directly, they actually deal with Ooma's carrier; Ooma is involved as a "reseller" of Ooma's carrier. Therefore, we really don't know what caused the delay in communications (perhaps Ooma's carrier screwed up by not telling Ooma fast enough, maybe Verizon was at fault for dragging their feet by not telling Ooma's carrier what the Firm Order Commit date is gonna be because of New Years and all).

There is a lot of complex dynamics at play here that's not visible to us. So, don't get too worked up about it. Once port completes, enjoy Ooma!

bonflizubi

Post by bonflizubi » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:33 pm

lbmofo wrote:bonflizubi, I understand where you are coming from, you lost a whole week and it is very frustrating indeed especially when you were looking forward to port completion.

I get the feeling though that once you get rid of Verizon, you'd be happy and forget about this snafu all together. Just look at my avatar! :P

If it makes you feel any better....here are some tidbits:

Generally, with Verizon, it is usually 3 to 4 weeks. However, the record port-in to Ooma is 9 days (all from AT&T). So it isn't just Ooma's speed (Ooma's carriers' speed actually) that's at play here. Verizon's speed is at play here too.

When you port your number into Ooma, the other carrier (Verizon) doesn't deal with Ooma directly, they actually deal with Ooma's carrier; Ooma is involved as a "reseller" of Ooma's carrier. Therefore, we really don't know what caused the delay in communications (perhaps Ooma's carrier screwed up by not telling Ooma fast enough, maybe Verizon was at fault for dragging their feet by not telling Ooma's carrier what the Firm Order Commit date is gonna be because of New Years and all).

There is a lot of complex dynamics at play here that's not visible to us. So, don't get too worked up about it. Once port completes, enjoy Ooma!
No it doesn't make me feel any better. All telecoms/ cable/satellite companies suck at service. It's the devil you know vs the one you don't.

Secondly, according to OOMA, they knew within ONE DAY of submitting to verizon that my line had DSL on it. This must be true since I only cancelled the dsl portion no more than a day or two after my ooma port request.

Third.. and MOST important, they F'd me on a week because they didn't trust me to read directions. I read em just fine. I didn't ask them to double-check bounce back to me. I followed directions.

In the end it's the crappy process where they cant just tell people up front with a move your DSL line warning in BOLD. I'm suffering for the ignorance of others. OK suffering? hyperbole. But I have enough on my plate that I would like some OFF of it. And they did ZERO to help that. I still don't get the hour of my life back.... and the level of their phone support today was about as useful as verizon's typically is. And FWIW, Verizon processed my service downgrade quicker and with less hassle than I got today from OOMA's non-comprehending support folks. That blame goes only to ooma, unless we are going to jut blame all call centers as being a fundamentally crap design when it comes to customer satisfaction.
ooma noob

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Like I said, don't get too worked up about it.....it won't matter once the port completes.

From this FAQ page: http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... ng%20error

Dry-loop - Verizon

The entire telecom industry (with the exception of Verizon) will dry-loop DSL service on request, and they require that to take place prior to allowing a port to go through. Verizon prefers not to follow this convention.

With Verizon you will have to do the following:

•They may offer to put in a work-order for the day your number is scheduled to port.
•Do not allow Verizon to put in a future work order, as this will show up as an open work order and block the port.
•If Verizon refuses to perform the dry-loop of your DSL service before your port, ask them if you can contact them after your port is complete to reestablish your DSL service.

It is important to know that you may be with-out DSL internet service for a full day on the day of your port. If you do not have internet service, your Ooma will not function, so Ooma will not be able to provide phone service until your internet connection is reestablished.

We are sorry for these extra steps, and the inconvenience. We cannot force Verizon to change their policy.

As you can sense, Verizon is very retentive about porting out a line with DSL.

Outside of talking about who screwed up...Verizon, Ooma carrier, and/or Ooma, if you filled out the LOA properly, maybe you don't have this snafu.

If you filled out you have cable internet, this is not true.... because you didn't cancel DSL yet.
If you filled out DSL, this is not true either because you called and cancelled DSL a couple of days later.

I'd let it be and just enjoy Ooma after port completes.

bonflizubi

Post by bonflizubi » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:23 pm

lbmofo wrote:Like I said, don't get too worked up about it.....it won't matter once the port completes.
As you can sense, Verizon is very retentive about porting out a line with DSL.
Outside of talking about who screwed up...Verizon, Ooma carrier, and/or Ooma, if you filled out the LOA properly, maybe you don't have this snafu.

If you filled out you have cable internet, this is not true.... because you didn't cancel DSL yet.
If you filled out DSL, this is not ture either because you called and cancelled DSL a couple of days later.

I'd let it be and just enjoy Ooma after port completes.
You don't get it. It's about my aggravation NOW. and whether it's worth waiting. I have many options for voice.

A) FWIW, I filled out the LOA correctly. it asked what i used for internet. I said Cable. It didn't ask me if there was internet on *that phone line* nor explain why it was asking. (So basically the letter is horribly worded)

B) And even if I wrote DSL, that is a non-issue as well, since I quoted you OOMA's own email to me that says recommended to cancel DSL. NOWHERE does it say DSL MUST be DC's before port. IF it does say so in the FAQ, then OOMA is at fault for burying it in an FAQ rather than putting it up front in the instructions.

C) per your own quote of the troubleshooting guide (not actually the FAQ) it is under the heading DRY-LOOP Verizon. re-read that paragraph and the one above it and explain to me where it says that this dry-looping is truly necessary. OOMA IN FACT CONTRADICTS THEMSELVES.

To quote in FUll:

Dry-loop Completion Prior to Porting
Many DSL providers have different policies when it comes to "dry-looping" your internet connection. We encourage our customers to speak with their current phone provider to better understand the process. If dry-loop is not addressed prior to port completion, then it is more than likely that you will experience downtime on your internet connection.

OK, no biggie, I'm not using the dsl connection, but rather my seperate cable line. This doesn't apply to me.

This can become a major inconvenience and therefore it is important to speak with your internet provider and understand what options you have for internet connectivity.

Dry-loop - Verizon
The entire telecom industry (with the exception of Verizon) will dry-loop DSL service on request, and they require that to take place prior to allowing a port to go through. Verizon prefers not to follow this convention.

Weird. 1) If this is true why don't they say that in the Dryloop paragarph prior? This is a contradiction of what was stated above. 2) Verizon doesn't do this. so... this will apply to me how?

With Verizon you will have to do the following:

They may offer to put in a work-order for the day your number is scheduled to port. Do not allow Verizon to put in a future work order, as this will show up as an open work order and block the port.

If Verizon refuses to perform the dry-loop of your DSL service before your port, ask them if you can contact them after your port is complete to reestablish your DSL service.

It is important to know that you may be with-out DSL internet service for a full day on the day of your port. If you do not have internet service, your Ooma will not function, so Ooma will not be able to provide phone service until your internet connection is reestablished.

We are sorry for these extra steps, and the inconvenience. We cannot force Verizon to change their policy

Nowhere in that paragraph does it say that my port will be prevented. It only warns that i might be without DSL.

What you have here is that either whoever wrote this guide has english as their second language, or lacks any understanding of logic.

So feel free to point out where exactly it says that I MUST dry-loop to get the number ported. It only says i must dry loop to get DSL WORKING.

I know you are an ooma fanboy from reading the forum and hate verizon and try to help people out, but I would think that you would want ooma to get it right with new customers so as to give them a good first impression. First impressions do matter.

Because, in the end here, OOMA is in the wrong here no matter which way you slice it. (And frankly so are you re: the logic listed in the troubleshooting page)

Edit: And nothing excuses there supposed notification of me via email, when in fact it never happened.
ooma noob

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:49 pm

Yes, unmistakably, I am an Ooma fan. I hope your "fanboy" comment wasn't derogatory. It'd be uncalled for.

Let me put this in summary.

Don't be so quick in blaming Ooma for what you are experiencing. It could very well be Verizon rejecting just for the heck of it (because something changed on your account).

About the time I ported from Verizon, I had DSL too. I knew I was moving to Cable internet so I cancelled DSL before I started my port request because I read "Do not allow Verizon to put in a future work order, as this will show up as an open work order and block the port." To me, this told me not to mess with the account once port starts. I did not want to give Verizon any excuse to reject the port by mocking with my account after port initiation.

I contend that this would not have happened if you cancelled your DSL before the port or kept the DSL active until port completed. Hence, you do have to bear at least a part of the blame.

Do I think there is room for improvement in Ooma documentation? Sure, but everyone is in the same boat. There is no such thing as perfect documentation.

As I said before, don't get too worked up about it. After the port, all will be fine.

bonflizubi

Post by bonflizubi » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:19 pm

lbmofo wrote: As I said before, don't get too worked up about it. After the port, all will be fine.
And what about all the other people that may end up in a similar boat because they read the instructions and they sucked? All offense intended here - but I hope I never own stock in where you work. Customer acquisition would be a zero-fault area at any operation I ever ran.

and for more detail - as i recall further details, when talking with the super on te phone, even he had no clue in teh end as he didn't refer me to any of this troubleshooting information, and when I suggested to him that verizon possibly rejecting my request for port due to a shared line was absurd, he agreed. If he had read this stuff he would have known better. He should have known better regardless as verizon ports are probably reasonable % of their business.

To paraphrase homie the clown from that old FOX comedy show, "Homie don't play bad and ill informed customer service."

My hope is that an OOMA employee will read this thread and take the 20 minute sit takes to get this stuff straight - clarifying the documentation and the porting screens (esp. since as I recall the port screen asked me who I was coming FROM)

Business is all about execution and accountability. In a world of many options for voice suppliers, I'd think that OOMA would strive for better.

I don't know what line of work you are in, but sincerely hope you never tell a customer (internal or external) that "hey it's ok, you'll love it once we go through a giant mess at the start of our relationship. That would be an easy way to lose a customer.

If I weren't burdnened with my $200 telo, which I can't return since I waited too long to activate the thing, I might well switch to comcast voice and it would be cheaper in fact due to bundling. All of this because of a bad early experience.

never underestimate the power of a first impression.
ooma noob

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:39 pm

bonflizubi wrote:Business is all about execution and accountability. In a world of many options for voice suppliers, I'd think that OOMA would strive for better.
Check this out: http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... kw/porting

"Important: Please note that it takes an average of three to four weeks to complete the porting process."

Did you read this? It takes an average of 3 to 4 weeks. That means sometimes, it takes longer. Why are you so upset? Did Ooma ever promise you a shorter timeframe? It's been only a week. C'Mon Man! If you didn't cancel your DSL during port, you wouldn't have lost a week. Take some personal responsibility.
bonflizubi wrote:I don't know what line of work you are in, but sincerely hope you never tell a customer (internal or external) that "hey it's ok, you'll love it once we go through a giant mess at the start of our relationship. That would be an easy way to lose a customer.
I am in the wireless industry so I know how the wireless stores operate as far as porting. Yeah it takes 5 minutes to port between wireless carriers most of the time. But some unlucky few would have things go wrong and it would take hours or even a day. So what? Here is what's told to the customers: "wireless to wireless transfer done via a sales location typically completes within 1 to 3 business hours if there are no issues." If some customer gets upset because transfer wasn't done within 5 min or 10 min (the usual time), the rep would apologize, say that we are doing our best and try to calm the customer down. If they start being unreasonable, starts shouting profanity, then the rep would still calmly tell them we told you 3 to 4 hours if no issues. If they still bitch & moan and lose self control, they are thrown out the door. No employees of any company has to endure unreasonableness. Right now, you are being unreasonable because Ooma didn't promise you anything different than what you are getting or going to get.
bonflizubi wrote:If I weren't burdnened with my $200 telo, which I can't return since I waited too long to activate the thing, I might well switch to comcast voice and it would be cheaper in fact due to bundling. All of this because of a bad early experience.
I'd like to see Comcast Voice for less than $4 a month sans promotion or "or I'll cancel" hassle.

bonflizubi

Post by bonflizubi » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:15 am

OK- last time I respond to youo in this thread as you are a clear shill - or as i earlier termed it, yes in a negative fashion, a fanboy.
lbmofo wrote:
bonflizubi wrote:Business is all about execution and accountability. In a world of many options for voice suppliers, I'd think that OOMA would strive for better.
Check this out: http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... kw/porting

"Important: Please note that it takes an average of three to four weeks to complete the porting process."

Did you read this? It takes an average of 3 to 4 weeks. That means sometimes, it takes longer. Why are you so upset? Did Ooma ever promise you a shorter timeframe? It's been only a week. C'Mon Man! If you didn't cancel your DSL during port, you wouldn't have lost a week. Take some personal responsibility.
I did read that. Yes they promised me a sooner date - which was 3-4 weeks from my original submission and gave me an estimated completion date of 1/19. Due to OOMA's not informing me PRIOR to the port, anywhere in the ordering instructions about this DSL issue, that date is now 1/25, which is 3-4 weeks FROM THE RESUBMISSION. My fault? hardly.

TELL ME WHERE IN THE ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS IT TELLS YOU TO HANDLE THINGS THIS WAY. It doesn't. Re-read the link you gave me. no DSL dry-humping warnings at all. That is only found in a troublehsooting thread, which one whouldn't need to be reading pre-order.

BTW when i was filling out the porting info, I was on the phone with a sales rep checking on te process and how to fill out the e-forms.. and he never told me anything about this DSL bullcrap anyway... and who said "yup, just filling the rest out online works the same as giving me the info." WHere is OOMA's responsibility when 3 out of 4 employees there new nothing of the issue or couldn't even explain it, before and after the port attempt.

So again, you ask me to take responsibility for that which I should not reasonably be expected to know. NOR IN FACT SHOULD ANY CUSTOMER MOVING FROM VERIZON AS THE MF'ING INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT...IN THE INSTRUCTIONS!

And why am i upset.. besides the date moving and costing me some extra money with verizon, I am upset because I found out by accident of checking my port status. They claimed to have emailed me about the issue but if they did, they don't know how to address a letter as it never made it to me, and i reject no mail and delete no mail. Interesting that you ignore this aspect of my complaint. So I wasted time getting to the bottom of the issue with customer service peope that were talking out of their ass. Would you like a couple hours wasted that could be put to more interesting/productive use elsewhere?
lbmofo wrote:
bonflizubi wrote:I don't know what line of work you are in, but sincerely hope you never tell a customer (internal or external) that "hey it's ok, you'll love it once we go through a giant mess at the start of our relationship. That would be an easy way to lose a customer.
I am in the wireless industry so I know how the wireless stores operate as far as porting. Yeah it takes 5 minutes to port between wireless carriers most of the time. But some unlucky few would have things go wrong and it would take hours or even a day. So what? Here is what's told to the customers: "wireless to wireless transfer done via a sales location typically completes within 1 to 3 business hours if there are no issues." If some customer gets upset because transfer wasn't done within 5 min or 10 min (the usual time), the rep would apologize, say that we are doing our best and try to calm the customer down. If they start being unreasonable, starts shouting profanity, then the rep would still calmly tell them we told you 3 to 4 hours if no issues. If they still bitch & moan and lose self control, they are thrown out the door. No employees of any company has to endure unreasonableness. Right now, you are being unreasonable because Ooma didn't promise you anything different than what you are getting or going to get.
LMFAO. Hadly. They promised me 3-4 weeks from my submission date (and the only way on te planet they promise 3-4 weeks is to leave room for problems and issues. It doesn't take that long. We all know that. Now I am promised 3-4 weeks, FROM MY RE-SUBMISSION DATE.

I in fact was quite reasonable where I ran down the 25 things that they could do better while speaking with them. I asked for explanations and I asked why they would claim things that were not true. I asked why they would take 5 days to tell me they knew about the problem yet waited that whole time to notify me. I asked for a copy of the email they claimed had been sent to me, since I dispute that it was ever generated, and there is NO filtering done by my ISP and since I use gmail, i delete nothing and have complete visibility into the spam filter, yet no notice. ETC ETC.
lbmofo wrote:
bonflizubi wrote:If I weren't burdnened with my $200 telo, which I can't return since I waited too long to activate the thing, I might well switch to comcast voice and it would be cheaper in fact due to bundling. All of this because of a bad early experience.
I'd like to see Comcast Voice for less than $4 a month sans promotion or "or I'll cancel" hassle.
Actually it costs me money to use the telo. I have a triple play bundle from comcast, that includes my cable, super-high-speed internet and voip. Unbundling the voip so it is just cable + internet would not only jack up my price $15 a month, but then I'd have to pay $10 a month for premier anyway. So for the equivalent service it's effectively $25 a month less if I don't use OOMA premier, and $15 a month less to toss my ooma in the trash and not even use it. In the end I am paying the premier fee for the privilege of getting one tiny feature that comcast voice doesn't offer.. but frankly that is WAY overpaying.

I see you are on the west coast - so perhaps you are ignorant of market specific pricing here. Boston is one of the most competitive markets in the country and where comcasts tends to roll out it's newest services first. They also have to combat verizon's fios services in this area as well as a local/regional cable delivery company called RCN in addition to the satellite services, not to mention we have almost all major cell carriers now with functioning 4G services.

So please feel free to respond in your fanboy ignorance. I do now remember you from other threads specifically- while at items you are helpful to people I will grant that, you also NEVER seem to put anything on the sainted OOMA. While I commend you on helping people out with your numerous posts, perhaps you are projecting from your personal wireless issues here in never ever finding fault with OOMA or what they are doing.

And OOMA, like every company has shit they can do better, with the simplest effort. In my experience they have made a number of errors that are just plain dumb process steps on their part, or a lack of reading through their own signup procedures. I happened to work my through most of them and I have a technical understanding. Imagine what the average non-technical person goes through. Perhaps one day you will take off your ooma colored glasses and realize that they can and should improve a number of items here so that many future other people can skip this hassle. THAT IS WHY I POSTED THIS.

IMO your technical expertise is welcomed by folks on this board, which I read extensively before making a port decision. Your OOMA is GOD defenses of their issues, whether in this thread or perhaps in discussing lag issues, well they bring you down into troll territory.

It's unfortunate that what was intended to be a *hey ooma, get your act together* thread has become cluttered by a troll telling me to "shut up and be a good boy, you got what you deserved." I hope the OOMA Mods can read this and ignore all that trolling clutter.

There is no point in your responding either as I will never agree with you on this and it will be an endless batlle. And you aren't worth it.

Let's just say you would never work for me with an attitude like that
ooma noob

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:16 am

lbmofo wrote:bonflizubi, I understand where you are coming from, you lost a whole week and it is very frustrating indeed especially when you were looking forward to port completion.
bonflizubi wrote:ooma fanboy
I hope I never own stock in where you work
you are a clear shill
yes in a negative fashion, a fanboy
So please feel free to respond in your fanboy ignorance
bring you down into troll territory
cluttered by a troll
you aren't worth it
you would never work for me with an attitude like that
bonflizubi 9, lbmofo 0

Look! It's a blow out! Sigh.....

I am on a different track when it comes to boosting self-worth though so it is all good. :P

Look, your port encountered issues, now it is gonna take longer. Deal with it!
If you think Comcast is cheaper, toss your Telo.