Droid2 App doesn't work

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
rollingrock
Droid2 App doesn't work

Post by rollingrock » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:37 pm

So I was pretty excited to see the app annouced at CES this morning. I went out and paid the 9.99 for it.

Installed it, not working. Spent almost 2 hours on the phone with tech support and they were no help. Then I get an email saying they are still working on it but don't see a problem.

Really?

Anyone know how to make it work? Using it on wifi with phone mode off...error is "call failed, network disconnected"

Again, really, I am on line and can surf sites. How can I be disconnected.

Lastly while I am griping. I was told by techsupport that I cannot use my scout number that I have to use my main number? How good is that? I need to be able to use my second line and what difference would it make anyway?

Please Ooma, fix this or send me 9.99

RollingRock

lbmofo

Re: Droid2 App doesn't work

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:56 pm

Yes, seems like you can only use your main number: viewtopic.php?t=8387#p59015

Chris W

Post by Chris W » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:01 pm

The message "call failed, network disconnected", in my case required me to regenerate the password and re-enter it. I am also upset with the primary caller ID showing up when using the instant line second number. I wonder if there is a work around, such as the google number with the telo?

Chris

rollingrock

Post by rollingrock » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Chris, thanks for your post, what did you mean by regenerate your password? You mean you also changed it on on your ooma device and scout?

Thanks

RR

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:30 pm

rollingrock wrote:what did you mean by regenerate your password?
Go here: https://my.ooma.com/mobile enable Ooma Mobile and generate password. You need to write it down because it won't show you what it is next time you visit. And the username is your main phone number with 1 in front of it.

rollingrock

Post by rollingrock » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:52 pm

lbmofo wrote:
rollingrock wrote:what did you mean by regenerate your password?
Go here: https://my.ooma.com/mobile enable Ooma Mobile and generate password. You need to write it down because it won't show you what it is next time you visit. And the username is your main phone number with 1 in front of it.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get this note about these steps to the call center. They had no idea you had to do this nor was it brought up.

Thank you ibmofo.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:56 pm

I'll let ntoy know via email.

CS should know what's in the FAQ.... https://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgeb ... mobile-faq

Go figure.

rollingrock

Post by rollingrock » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:58 pm

lbmofo wrote:I'll let ntoy know via email.
What would be your work around to have my scout number (my business line) work from the droid?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:59 pm

rollingrock wrote:What would be your work around to have my scout number (my business line) work from the droid?
That one, I haven't heard of any work around.

rollingrock

Post by rollingrock » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:04 pm

lbmofo wrote:
rollingrock wrote:What would be your work around to have my scout number (my business line) work from the droid?
That one, I haven't heard of any work around.
google voice?