3 months in and my hub quit working

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
thndrlight
3 months in and my hub quit working

Post by thndrlight » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:07 pm

There are no lights, dial tone, it won't put the signal through to my router. I have the unit plugged into a surge protector, as are my computer, monitor and printer and they are all fine. This is very disappointing. I got my unit from Woot so I don't even know what to do here. Now I am without a phone. I had been very happy with it, and it was nice to not have to pay a phone bill, but maybe I will have to go back to it...

thunderbird

Re: 3 months in and my hub quit working

Post by thunderbird » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Maybe your Ooma device's power adpter failed. The first thing I would do is call customer service.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

thndrlight

Post by thndrlight » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:56 pm

I gave them a call and they are going to send a new power supply first and if that doesn't work they said they will send me a new hub! Good service so far, lets up it continues until the problem is solved.

zten

Post by zten » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:50 pm

My box failed, it was something related to a power outage. They sent me a new one but with the weekend and all, it took a full 7 days to get it. The new one has been working fine. I since have gotten a UPS to protect it. You already have one, so a power outage should not have made a problem....

Only thing I might add is the little box does get pretty warm. Heat is bad for long term life. Some folks have put a loptop cooling pad under the ooma. I found that if I simply operate it in the mode of having the back-lights off, it runs much cooler. So that is the way I am running now. As long as the service is working well, I never tough the box anyway, so I don;t need all the pretty blue lights.