Anyone get random one-ring phone calls?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
dalime
Anyone get random one-ring phone calls?

Post by dalime » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Randomly I get calls where my phone rings once with no caller id. Then about 20 seconds later, another call that rings normally (again with no caller id), with no one on the other end????
Happening daily now. Anyone else experience this?

thunderbird

Re: Anyone get random one-ring phone calls?

Post by thunderbird » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:28 am

Blank phone calls were the norm, and happened more often then not, when I had AT&T. But never with Ooma.

Do you have another phone provider also connected to your system???

hpepper

Post by hpepper » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:16 am

dalime wrote:Randomly I get calls where my phone rings once with no caller id. Then about 20 seconds later, another call that rings normally (again with no caller id), with no one on the other end????
Just curious... do any of the calls show up in the my.ooma.com log?

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:05 am

I get one ring calls for this reason...

I use a Panasonic cordless base and it also has a blacklist other than the Ooma one. If I blacklist a number on my Panasonic phone rather than at Ooma then it rings once and dies. If I look at the Panasonic scrren it shows a bell with a slash through it basically telling me it is a number that I have in my blacklist on the Panasonic.

Donna

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:07 am

Leeway wrote:I get one ring calls for this reason...

I use a Panasonic cordless base and it also has a blacklist other than the Ooma one. If I blacklist a number on my Panasonic phone rather than at Ooma then it rings once and dies. If I look at the Panasonic scrren it shows a bell with a slash through it basically telling me it is a number that I have in my blacklist on the Panasonic.

Donna
Hello Donna,

Interesting find, thanks for the info!

dalime

Post by dalime » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:11 pm

No other phone line or carrier other than Ooma. I'm using a Uniden cordless and it doesn't have it's own blacklist feature.
Just happened a few minutes ago (which reminded me to check back on the forums) and yes, there was a listing in the call log for "IP Telesis". However it only listed the one call.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:29 pm

Did you answer the 2nd call? Any sound?

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:41 pm

dalime wrote:Randomly I get calls where my phone rings once with no caller id. Then about 20 seconds later, another call that rings normally (again with no caller id), with no one on the other end????
Hello,

Did you try calling back the number?

I have had this happen to my cell & when I call the number back, I hear the greeting that the number has been disconnected.
Could be telemarketers.

dalime

Post by dalime » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:03 am

No. I don't answer calls without caller ID. The only thing I can think of is that I turned on the Community Blacklist feature not too long ago. Ooma hasn't always done this so maybe that is the issue. I've turned it off and will report back.

dalime

Post by dalime » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:59 pm

Well that wasn't it. Maybe a new telemarketing thing to keep their name from showing up on caller ID?????
Pretty annoying.