One-ring-straight-to-answering PLUS NO MESSAGES!

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
mtnmedic
One-ring-straight-to-answering PLUS NO MESSAGES!

Post by mtnmedic » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 pm

I've been experiencing this mysterious one-ring-then-straight-to-voicemail bit for the past couple of months. I've had Ooma for a year and it's worked beautifully unitl now.

The strange part is, I get people who tell me "didn't you get my voicemail message?" And I'll say "no, I have no indication you've left a message and I have no new voicemails." Then they say "Well I DID leave a message. Three times, in fact."

That's when I called a friend to have her call my main number and leave a message. The phone rang once and that was it. Then nothing further. I waited for about five minutes. Checked voicemail-no messages. Called my friend back and she said she'd left a message.

This is getting dumb and it needs to be fixed NOW.

And by the way, I do NOT have the DND (Do Not Disturb) setting turned on at the Telo hub. I've also re-booted the Telo hub. Nothing seems to work. I have multi-ring and forwarding to my cell phone, which is always on and in range. I've NOT made any changes to my Ooma system since I set it up. These problems just cropped up on their own.

lbmofo

Re: One-ring-straight-to-answering PLUS NO MESSAGES!

Post by lbmofo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:26 am

What happens if u turn off multi ring?
Did the VMs get left on ur cell?

murphy

Post by murphy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:03 am

If you have multi-ring set to ring your cell phone and your cell phone is turned off or not connected to your cell carrier due to low signal strength, your cell phone carrier will answer the call immediately and the voice mail message will be left on your cell phone voice mail system. The only way to avoid this is to enable the "press 1 to answer" option for the Telo. Since the cell carrier isn't going to press 1, Ooma voice mail will take the call after it times out waiting for the 1.

Please do not call it a Telo hub. I had to read your question twice to decide whether you had a hub (original product - white) or a Telo (current product - black). I'm still not certain what you have.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

mtnmedic

Post by mtnmedic » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:23 pm

murphy wrote:If you have multi-ring set to ring your cell phone and your cell phone is turned off or not connected to your cell carrier due to low signal strength, your cell phone carrier will answer the call immediately and the voice mail message will be left on your cell phone voice mail system. The only way to avoid this is to enable the "press 1 to answer" option for the Telo. Since the cell carrier isn't going to press 1, Ooma voice mail will take the call after it times out waiting for the 1.

Please do not call it a Telo hub. I had to read your question twice to decide whether you had a hub (original product - white) or a Telo (current product - black). I'm still not certain what you have.
If you read in my original post, I said that, with multi-ring to the cell phone, my cell phone is always on and in range.

Fine, I won't call it a Telo hub. The base. Whatever anyone calls it. It's a Telo.

I'm getting very frustrated here. Today not only did I miss two important phone calls, one of the callers had left a message but there were, again, ZERO voice mails.

The point is, THE SYSTEM IS NOT DELIVERING MY VOICE MAILS! I've NEVER had this happen to me before. My system has NEVER been changed from the day I set it up and now, all of a sudden, THIS starts happening. I've checked everything. Connections, settings, restart my equipment. Not only have I started to experience this one-ring-then-straight-to-voicemail bit, the messages callers are leaving are either not being saved or not being delivered to my voicemail box. Something is very wrong here.

mtnmedic

Post by mtnmedic » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:27 pm

lbmofo wrote:What happens if u turn off multi ring?
Did the VMs get left on ur cell?
When Multi-ring is off, calls do NOT go to my cell. How can messages be left on my cell if they don't go there in the first place? My primary phone number used for my Ooma is the home number. Why would I want to port my cell phone number to Ooma? People who call my primary phone number ring into my house then it's forwarded to my cell phone. If I shut off the multi-ring, then the cell phone doesn't answer. Regardless, the phone just rings ONCE and the call is IMMEDIATELY sent to the primary Ooma voice mail. But now, the voice messages aren't saved or aren't being delivered to me. In other words, Ooma voice mail is a complete FAILURE right now.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:42 pm

I think calling CS is in order. Attack the no voicemail issue first. It should be easy for them to figure that out. Today, they are on until 5PM PST. 1-888-711-6662

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:36 pm

I might add, that most everyone in the Ooma Forums are users like you. We're here to help, no need to be harsh with us. You have an issue, we'll try to help, but we cant see into your home and need to know specifics. Asking basic questions to make your situation clearer is the only way we can do it.

Murphy and lbmofo are top contributers here, if anyone can help, they can. They don't work for Ooma, they're offering their time to help you, not aggravate you! I would notch down the attitude just a bit. :)

Wayne
ooma customer since January 2009
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Lifetime Premier Member

mtnmedic

Post by mtnmedic » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:50 pm

HERE IT IS AGAIN!!!!! I AM SO ANGRY!!!

I'VE LOST SEVERAL IMPORTANT PHONE CALLS! PEOPLE HAVE CALLED MY NUMBER, THE PHONE RINGS JUST ONCE AND THAT'S IT. VOICE MAIL DOESN'T DELIVER MESSAGES. I CALL THE PEOPLE WHO CALLED AND THEY SAY THEY'VE LEFT MESSAGES.

ALL THIS DESPITE EVERYTHING I'VE DONE ACCORDING TO THE SUGGESTIONS ABOVE.

I MISSED A DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT BECAUSE OF THIS!!! MY ATTORNEY IS VERY MAD, TOO. SHE WANTS TO SUE OOMA BECAUSE THIS HAD A DIRECT NEGATIVE EFFECT ON MY WORKERS COMP CASE!

AND! I SET THE CALL FORWARD TO "ONLY IF POWER GOES OUT" YET IT CONTINUES TO MULTI-RING AS IF I NEVER CHANGED THE SETTING!!!

MY SYSTEM HAS NOT CHANGED. I HAVE NOT CHANCED ISPS. I HAVE NOT CHANGED MY MODEM. I HAVE NOT CHANGED MY SETTINGS OTHER THAN ABOVE. THIS IS THE SAME SET UP THAT I STARTED OUT OVER A YEAR AGO AND IT WORKED BEAUTIFULLY UNTIL LATE LAST YEAR WHEN THIS PROBLEM CROPPED UP. IT WENT AWAY. THEN IT CAME BACK A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO. IT WENT AWAY AND NOW IT'S BACK!!!!

JUST NOW SPOKE WITH ONE OF THE CALLERS. THE CALL LOG SHOWED HE CALLED ONCE TODAY. HE SAID HE CALLED MY NUMBER FIVE TIMES TODAY. EACH TIME IT JUST RANG AND RANG AND RANG FOR 8 TO 15 TIMES AND VOICEMAIL NEVER PICKED UP. OOMA LOG SHOWED HE ONLY CALLED ONCE TODAY.

WTF IS GOING ON?????

OOMA ! FIX YOUR CRAP!! I AM VERY, VERY, VERY ANGRY!

arttist

Post by arttist » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:28 am

I just had this happen to me it seems my cat
Turned on the "DO NOT DISTURB" feature on
the box

to fix notice the envelope symbol on the ooma device
that your phone is plugged into

Press and hold it (envelope symbol) for 3 seconds
that should fix the problem

hope this helps

Darron
http://www.chadwickstudios.com

Aceorgan

Post by Aceorgan » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:38 am

Hi. I am having the same one ring problem too, except that mine just hangs up on the call. Did I see that the next step is to call customer service? Thanks for everyone's help on this.

Julie
http://www.aceorganicchem.com