Call Logs Feature Not Working

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
msllama
Re: Call Logs Feature Not Working

Post by msllama » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:04 am

OK. I have just called my phone from a land line, left a message.
The message appears in my voicemail/inbox.

I made an outgoing call to my land line (I do not regularly use my ooma for outgoing calls) My calls did appear correctly so that segment works.

In addition I disabled community blacklist in "Blacklist Preferences" to see if that might be the issue.

Call Logs-all >>>only my two outgoing calls are listed

both incoming and Missed Calls categories still show blank. Both dark blue and light blue

Still no incoming or missed calls listed even though there are voicemails and ooma customer services appears to see the list. Appreciate any more ideas. :idea: Thanks,

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:08 am

When you click on one of the "incoming calls," "outgoing calls," "missed calls" categories, the background highlight changes from dark to light or from light to dark. The light background means you have filter turned on for that category so you want to have all 3 categories highlighted with darker background in order to see all entries.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:09 am

msllama wrote:OK. I have just called my phone from a land line, left a message.
The message appears in my voicemail/inbox.

I made an outgoing call to my land line (I do not regularly use my ooma for outgoing calls) My calls did appear correctly so that segment works.

In addition I disabled community blacklist in "Blacklist Preferences" to see if that might be the issue.

Call Logs-all >>>only my two outgoing calls are listed

both incoming and Missed Calls categories still show blank. Both dark blue and light blue

Still no incoming or missed calls listed even though there are voicemails and ooma customer services appears to see the list. Appreciate any more ideas. :idea: Thanks,
Hello,

What happens if you disable MultiRing?

msllama

Post by msllama » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:42 am

Call Forwarding is on, multi ring has been off.

But that does not answer the issue that customer service claims to be able to look at my account and see the history.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:49 am

msllama wrote:Call Forwarding is on, multi ring has been off.

But that does not answer the issue that customer service claims to be able to look at my account and see the history.
Hello,

Please send me a personal message to discuss.

Thanks

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:33 pm

Yes the "Call Log" page is broken and it's been broke for some time. When ever I try to do a transaction in the "Call Log" page, a Red or Pink box pops and I get a warning.

Here's a cut and paste of what I get:

"Fatal error occured, please try again later."

Lucky that I don't use the call log that much.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:18 pm

thunderbird wrote:Yes the "Call Log" page is broken and it's been broke for some time. When ever I try to do a transaction in the "Call Log" page, a Red or Pink box pops and I get a warning.

Here's a cut and paste of what I get:

"Fatal error occured, please try again later."

Lucky that I don't use the call log that much.
Hello thunderbird,

What kind of transaction are you attempting? If you can provide some steps, I can try to see if I can break it.

Thanks

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:34 pm

Contacts Fatal Error.pdf
(70.48KiB)Downloaded 225 times
See .pdf file.

This happens when I add contacts for sure. I think there is some other transactions also.

msllama

Post by msllama » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:06 am

It is now working, however, I am not entirely satisfied with the solution.

Evidently the call log is not compatible with call forwarding. It would have saved Customer Service a lot of time if the Call Forwarding Preferences stated that in the mini instructions in the right sidebar.

Also does not appear to work with Multi-Ring. Multi-Ring would have been my preferred method-- best of both worlds.

I have changed the settings now to "Call forward on network outage". Thank you to customer service for their efforts and and all of the users who tried to come up with a solution to my issue. It might be something Ooma could consider changing. It seems to me that since they keep a record of the numbers in the voicemail, it should be a fairly simple improvement in the future. :?:

terry.bisgrove

Post by terry.bisgrove » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:44 pm

Is there no fix? The call log feature used to work fine. For several weeks I have been unable to add contact names to the call log. I receive the same "Fatal Error, try again later" message. I can deal with a day or two issue, but this has been weeks. Ooma, what's up? Don't charge for premium service if you cannot deliver premium service!