Billing Sucks

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
dianaj20
Billing Sucks

Post by dianaj20 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:35 am

I understood that OOMA was free... Well to my disappointment, the first month OOMA used the credit card I purchased the unit with and charged me $3... This month I got billed $13.... What the heck???? This is not a free service contrary to what I understood when I purchased this box. What a major disappointment. The transmission is weak and not worth the $13 per month...

ntoy

Re: Billing Sucks

Post by ntoy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:51 am

Hello,

The $13 you are referring to is premier monthly -$9.99 plus monthly taxes-$3.47. After the trial period had expired, you were enrolled in monthly premier. You had to opt out. Please contact our support folks if you choose to opt out of premier.

Trinimd

Post by Trinimd » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:35 pm

People should really pay attention. lol
OOMA TELO 1 (Purchased Dec 2009.)
OOMA Telo 2 (Purchased Feb 2010.)
3 Ooma Handsets (Free from refer a friend) Sold all 3 POS on Ebay
2 GE ATT DECT 6.0
7 Uniden 1580 DECT 6.0
20 Refer A friends Completed

All Powered by one Phone Socket

larrysyr

Post by larrysyr » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:20 am

ntoy wrote:Hello,

The $13 you are referring to is premier monthly -$9.99 plus monthly taxes-$3.47. After the trial period had expired, you were enrolled in monthly premier. You had to opt out. Please contact our support folks if you choose to opt out of premier.
Are you in marketing? Please read the email below that was sent to me. I have opted out of Premier and have no intention of upgrading. As a mass e-mailing, I think it is a failure. It's confusing with no numbers filled in (NUM_DAYS) etc. and makes me worry that I didn't op out like I thought I did. I called the support number to confirm that I did indeed opt out, because my ooma web site couldn't help me with confirming that fact. So....Not only did this email waste my time and piss me off, but you are hurting your own company with making me utilize phone customer support to figure out what is going on.

Please forward my response to who ever created this stupid and annoying email,

Thank youAccount Notification: Trial Period Ending

Dear Larry,

This is a friendly reminder that your subscription to Ooma Premier is about to start in |NUM_DAYS| days. With Ooma Premier, you'll continue to enjoy all the money saving, privacy enhancing, life simplifying features we have to offer — features like the Instant Second Line, Multi-Ring, Blacklists, Call Screening, Voicemail-to-email, and much more.

If you want to change your subscription preferences, please visit My Ooma. Otherwise your subscription at $9.99/month will automatically start on |TRIAL_END_DATE|.

Save even more

Enroll in the annual plan for Ooma Premier and get your choice of a free number port or free |FREE_DEVICE|. Port your number if you want to transfer an existing phone number to Ooma or select the |FREE_DEVICE| to get access to the Instant Second Line and other Ooma Premier features in a second location in your home.

The choice is yours — click here to upgrade now!

Until later,
Team Ooma

EricJRW

Post by EricJRW » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:55 am

Larry,

I see your point, but doesn't (didn't) your "Account/Services/Service Level" page show you the status?

https://my.ooma.com/account/services

Mine does.

Eric
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5

Trinimd

Post by Trinimd » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:57 am

I opted out of my premier service over 5x and every time I logged back in, it stated that I was still in premier. I had to call customer service to confirm 3x that I was out of it.
OOMA TELO 1 (Purchased Dec 2009.)
OOMA Telo 2 (Purchased Feb 2010.)
3 Ooma Handsets (Free from refer a friend) Sold all 3 POS on Ebay
2 GE ATT DECT 6.0
7 Uniden 1580 DECT 6.0
20 Refer A friends Completed

All Powered by one Phone Socket

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:03 am

Opting out doesn't take you out of trial, it just doesn't enroll you automatically at the end of trial.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:04 am

larrysyr wrote:
ntoy wrote:Hello,

Are you in marketing? Please read the email below that was sent to me. I have opted out of Premier and have no intention of upgrading. As a mass e-mailing, I think it is a failure. It's confusing with no numbers filled in (NUM_DAYS) etc. and makes me worry that I didn't op out like I thought I did. I called the support number to confirm that I did indeed opt out, because my ooma web site couldn't help me with confirming that fact. So....Not only did this email waste my time and piss me off, but you are hurting your own company with making me utilize phone customer support to figure out what is going on.

Please forward my response to who ever created this stupid and annoying email,

Thank youAccount Notification: Trial Period Ending

Dear Larry,

This is a friendly reminder that your subscription to Ooma Premier is about to start in |NUM_DAYS| days. With Ooma Premier, you'll continue to enjoy all the money saving, privacy enhancing, life simplifying features we have to offer — features like the Instant Second Line, Multi-Ring, Blacklists, Call Screening, Voicemail-to-email, and much more.

If you want to change your subscription preferences, please visit My Ooma. Otherwise your subscription at $9.99/month will automatically start on |TRIAL_END_DATE|.

Save even more

Enroll in the annual plan for Ooma Premier and get your choice of a free number port or free |FREE_DEVICE|. Port your number if you want to transfer an existing phone number to Ooma or select the |FREE_DEVICE| to get access to the Instant Second Line and other Ooma Premier features in a second location in your home.

The choice is yours — click here to upgrade now!

Until later,
Team Ooma
Hello,

I'm not in marketing, just a worker bee. We do apologize for the email with missing data. Thanks for reporting this & we will fix that. Although premier may not be for you, we have other customers who realize there is a need for premier services & appreciate the friendly reminder notice.

EricJRW

Post by EricJRW » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:46 pm

lbmofo wrote:Opting out doesn't take you out of trial, it just doesn't enroll you automatically at the end of trial.
That's what I was thinking. ;)
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5

larrysyr

Post by larrysyr » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:37 am

My Ooma lets you know what your current service is, what it doesn't let you know is whether you are going to be "upgraded" to premier service and end up paying 9.90 a month when you can't afford it, instead of just paying the state/fed taxes for your basic service. I got an Ooma because my ship was going down do to phone bills, cell phone bills, cable, internet, tivo, power, gas, credit card interest, health insurance, 11 dollar movie theater fees, etc. I've gotta cut everything down to the bone or the ship is going down, and me with it. Recurring fees are the bread and butter that all companies love to charge to keep their revenue stream going. Trouble is, when you add all of them up, you are paying 1000 bucks a month or more, and your life isn't that much better.

That's why this email from Ooma freaked me out.