Uverse remote tvs frezze up when Ooma connected to Gateway

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Wilsonium
Re: Uverse remote tvs frezze up when Ooma connected to Gateway

Post by Wilsonium » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:45 pm

Leeway wrote:I have U-Verse. I have hub and Telo along with 3 TV's and a couple of computers. I do not have any problems at all with all of that.

I do NOT use the U-verse phone connection in any way. Everything I have is plugged directly into either the RG or my Netgear switch.

The phone port on the back of the RG is strictly for U-Talk and nothing to do with other phone systems.

I don't have a telephone attached to the hub at all. My hub is connected to the wall jack and all of my wall jacks are active. I have a cordless base in the family room and cordless handsets elsewhere.

Donna
To be more accurate... there are 3 RJ11 ports on the back of the UVerse RG. One with a green square around it for the digital signal from AT&T unless you're using a coax connection from the remote office or switch in which case nothing will be plugged in here. There are 2 other ports labeled Line 1/2 and Line 2 (at least on my RG). These other two ports push an analog phone dial tone and that's it. This is where I have my Ooma connected. Forgive me for not being specific but I was using the universal "phone" port to mean "where you plug your phone in".

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:52 pm

I have all Cat5 wiring on my U-Verse. Anything and everything to do with phone connections has a clear plexiglass tape over it. I have nothing plugged into phone.

I have ooma plugged directly to my RG

I have Teo plugged directly to my RG

There is nothing in any phone port.

indianafanatic

Post by indianafanatic » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:14 pm

johnk,
I'd be interested to know how you resolved your issue. I am encountering the very same thing and cannot get the other suggestions/workarounds to solve the problem. Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but it's still very relevant to me.

Thanks!