Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
ntoy
Re: Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

Post by ntoy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:02 am

mhowie wrote:
ntoy wrote: Hello,

Blacklist was enabled due to system glitch. I went ahead & manually disabled this for you. Also, I noticed that the 2nd number was still on the account from premier trial. Were callers calling the 2nd number?
It was hardly a trial as I paid for the Premier service (for nearly two years). Anyway, the callers impacted by this problem (including myself from a cell phone) were never included on my personal blacklist.

With respect to the second number...no one- other than me- was aware of it.

Thanks.
Are you able to reproduce it consistently? Do you see your line ring & are you able to pick up before vmail? Please send me a personal message with recent call examples. Also, include date, time, inbound caller's number, exact symptom other than sending them to vmail.

Thanks

mhowie

Post by mhowie » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:05 am

ntoy wrote:
mhowie wrote:
ntoy wrote: Hello,

Blacklist was enabled due to system glitch. I went ahead & manually disabled this for you. Also, I noticed that the 2nd number was still on the account from premier trial. Were callers calling the 2nd number?
It was hardly a trial as I paid for the Premier service (for nearly two years). Anyway, the callers impacted by this problem (including myself from a cell phone) were never included on my personal blacklist.

With respect to the second number...no one- other than me- was aware of it.

Thanks.
Are you able to reproduce it consistently? Do you see your line ring & are you able to pick up before vmail? Please send me a personal message with recent call examples. Also, include date, time, inbound caller's number, exact symptom other than sending them to vmail.

Thanks
I have been posting in this thread for several months so, yes, it has been repeatable. I am rarely in position to visually see the Ooma Scout/Hub when phone calls are received, so I can not comment on whether I see the "line ring". Typically I am advised from an impacted caller that he/she had attempted to call but was immediately routed into VM (without any audible rings on my end). Either I learn of it that way or happen to notice a phone call in my phone log/VM which never rang through (was instead directed immediately to VM-- which is the problem the myriad Ooma customers in this thread have identified).

I will log future instances with the information requested and send via PM. I am unsure what other symptoms might exist other than incoming calls being directed immediately to VM without any recognition (phone rings or otherwise)?
--Howie

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:42 pm

Hello Howie,

Ok, thanks. Other symptom could be a period of silence before transferring to vmail.

bonflizubi

Post by bonflizubi » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:43 pm

OK my phone is now ported. Which means I am finally taking calls on the ooma inbound.

-I have no blacklists setup
-multi-ring is enabled. I do not require 1 to be pressed to pickup.

-Long distance calls seem to be ringing once and then hitting voicemail.

-However, when i call from my cell (which is one of the multi-ring destinations FWIW) to the OOMA number it rings away just fine.

Help??
ooma noob

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:47 pm

If your cell is turned off or out of range the cell company will answer on the first ring and send the call to your cell voicemail.
Turn on the "press 1 to answer" to prevent this from happening.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

bonflizubi

Post by bonflizubi » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:07 pm

murphy wrote:If your cell is turned off or out of range the cell company will answer on the first ring and send the call to your cell voicemail.
Turn on the "press 1 to answer" to prevent this from happening.
no it i son and fully charged and in range.

Though i did discover a flaw with the my ooma site.

I had blacklists turned off completely in teh settings screen.

Then for unknown reasons i clicked the run through more setup wizardy thing.. and one of those screens gave me a privacy slider that was NOT available on the privacy tab. This had been set to reject some calls.

I turned it off. I don't know if this is the fix or not, but OOMA, can you get your act together on this one? I figured I have all the settings where I want yet you have a setting slider that can only be accessed through a wizard... and isn't located within the settings section it should be in !
ooma noob

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:37 pm

bonflizubi wrote:OK my phone is now ported.
Congrats! So, it only took about 3 weeks after all heh? Glad things worked out for you after the initial snafu. I think the Ooma staff on here did a great job, as always, in helping you out.

bonflizubi

Post by bonflizubi » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:44 pm

lbmofo wrote:
bonflizubi wrote:OK my phone is now ported.
Congrats! So, it only took about 3 weeks after all heh? Glad things worked out for you after the initial snafu. I think the Ooma staff on here did a great job, as always, in helping you out.
they managed to meet my original date yes. And the head of the porting group was helpful - because I posted my hate rant here. I'd still argue I shouldn't have had to go to such lengths to get it ported and I hope others don't have to either.

But, working for now....
ooma noob

MsCoulter

Post by MsCoulter » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:34 am

This has started happening again. I don't know exactly when it started but I have been receiving calls that only ring once and then die for about a week. I received several calls today where the phone never rang at all and the last one rang once before going straight to voicemail. Is there a new thread for this issue? Is anyone else experiencing it?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:18 pm

MsCoulter:
Some people can cycle their Ooma device's Voicemail envelope button, to Voicemail than back, over and over a few times, and that will correct the problem, at least for a while.

Other people have to reset their Black List settings in My Ooma.

Other People have to call Ooma Support for help:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST