Please tell me there is a way to turn OFF @#*&$@ paging!!

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
AzJazz
Please tell me there is a way to turn OFF @#*&$@ paging!!

Post by AzJazz » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:53 am

My ooma Telo is randomly paging my Telo handset, and I CAN'T TURN IT OFF!!!

I turned my ringer volume to "Off", but that doesn't seem to be working.

Right now, the only solution I have is to pull the battery out of my Telo Handset, which basically makes it totally useless.

Please help!

lbmofo

Re: Please tell me there is a way to turn OFF @#*&$@ paging!!

Post by lbmofo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:18 am

This issue has been reported before but without definite answer. Hopefully folks who corrected the problem could chime in.
viewtopic.php?t=8801

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:46 am

Call:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:21 pm

AzJazz wrote:My ooma Telo is randomly paging my Telo handset, and I CAN'T TURN IT OFF!!!

I turned my ringer volume to "Off", but that doesn't seem to be working.

Right now, the only solution I have is to pull the battery out of my Telo Handset, which basically makes it totally useless.

Please help!

Hello AzJazz,

Can you send me a personal message?

Thx

AzJazz

Post by AzJazz » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:12 am

Update: ooma Technical support replaced my Telo ... and so far, so good. Over 24 hours without a random handset paging.

I will update this thread again later to let you know if it holds up.

Note to the developers: It seems like there should be an option added to the handset to allow muting/adjusting paging volume. This would not fix the problem I had (since it looks like there may be a hardware issue), but it would certainly make it more bearable if the problem occurs again. Since we never use the paging feature in our household, we would always have our paging volume set to "Mute" anyways - so if the ooma system hiccuped at 3:20 AM, we wouldn't get awakened by an error in the device.

Thank you for your great support, ooma!

AzJazz

Post by AzJazz » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:14 am

Update 2: The Telo base station hardware appeared to be the issue. I haven't had any problems with random paging since I installed the replacement Telo.

Thanks again, ooma!

trippcook

Post by trippcook » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:59 am

ntoy, I have the same problem, and I took the liberty of sending you a private e-mail as well. I hope I can get to a resolution as well. I have not had my Ooma for very long, and it is currently unplugged and doing nothing because of this annoying paging bug. Help please!

AzJazz

Post by AzJazz » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:31 pm

PLEASE .... Will Ooma please, please, PLEASE put an option in the Setup to disable handset paging?

Our otherwise perfectly working Ooma Telo still has a problem where it randomly goes into handset paging mode. I would love to be able to turn this feature "off", especially since I have *never* used handset paging on any phone I have ever owned.

I have turned the volume down to 0 on the Telo. It's the only option I have so that I don't hear "Handset Paging Enabled" at 3:47 in the morning.

Sigh.

UPDATE: There is a solution, of sorts: If you dial *#*#511, it will turn off/on audio announcements for all ooma Telo button presses. Since the random "handset paging" announcements are a result of the Telo falsely thinking a button was pressed, this fix seems to take care of the problem. You can still play back voicemail from the Telo without any problem.

This may even be a better solution, since I sometimes get other false annunciations as well.

Whew.

AzJazz

pjx

Post by pjx » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:28 am

I'm getting that message as well. They sent a replacement device, but I'm still having the problem.

BobFrankston

Post by BobFrankston » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:27 am

Why is so hard to resolve and why is customer service so uninformed about what is a well-known problem!