Voice mail when internet connection is down

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
ewasserman
Voice mail when internet connection is down

Post by ewasserman » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi,
Like everyone else, my Ooma hub has been disconnected the last couple days. What happened to the voice mails people left me? I left myself a voice mail from my cell earlier today while the hub was in a red status. It didn't show up in the lounge. I rebooted the hub and it came back up blue, then I left myself a vm from my cell again and everything worked perfectly.

So how many other voicemail messages did I miss yesterday??

gpochet

Re: Voice mail when internet connection is down

Post by gpochet » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:18 am

It seems like when their system went down on the 13th(and now today on the 15th) voice mail goes with it. I hope they can get the voice mail to work as a backup solution. We'll see.

ewasserman

Re: Voice mail when internet connection is down

Post by ewasserman » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:03 am

gpochet wrote:It seems like when their system went down on the 13th(and now today on the 15th) voice mail goes with it. I hope they can get the voice mail to work as a backup solution. We'll see.
Later when service was restored, I decided to test it out, I unplugged the hub and left myself a vm. I heard my outgoing message and left a message like normal. When I plugged the hub back in, I never got the vm. I didn't receive an email like I normally do either.