Mobil APP Not Working 100% Android

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Droid2Global
Mobil APP Not Working 100% Android

Post by Droid2Global » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Im using a Droid 2 Global and am able to successfully make a call. The problem is the call will not stay connected for more than around 30 seconds tops. I have done the following:

1. Uninstall - Reinstall App along with generating a new Mobile App password.
2. Restarted the Hub (just in case)
3. 2 support request from the mobile phone app interface and one call in request with no response from Ooma
4. Been testing this for over 7 days but every call ends at around 30 seconds 100% of the time
5. Tried different wi-fi connections same problem

So basically all works, but not for very long. The app has 2 other issues as well.

1. The sound quality is very metallic sounding. Def dont get the feeling of HD even when call my home Ooma phone, not even close.
2. Not all of my contacts have transfered. Only about 10% have uploaded to the phone app for some reason.

Any response from Ooma, or anyone else who has made this work on Android 2.2?

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Re: Mobil APP Not Working 100% Android

Post by Dennis P » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:26 pm

What happens after 30 seconds? Do you lose audio? Or does the call get terminated? What happens when you try out test servers (1-900-265-1001)? Have you tried making a call over 3G to see if the problem occurs there as well?

Droid2Global

Post by Droid2Global » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi Dennis,

The call gets terminated and then shows the call logs screen. I dont get any error message or anything, just a disconnect. I called the number you suggested and it terminated @ 31 seconds. As a side note I cant test 3G because the phone does not have a wireless provider. I purchased it to use voip over WIFI or to toss foreign SIMS in depending on where I am traveling. The phone is a Droid 2 Global and is about 10 days old. All other features function and I had it's GSM unlocked from Verizon.

Every call I make works, but only for about 30 seconds. My home Ooma works 100% on the same internet connection.

Thanks

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:03 pm

Droid2Global wrote:Hi Dennis,

The call gets terminated and then shows the call logs screen. I dont get any error message or anything, just a disconnect. I called the number you suggested and it terminated @ 31 seconds. As a side note I cant test 3G because the phone does not have a wireless provider. I purchased it to use voip over WIFI or to toss foreign SIMS in depending on where I am traveling. The phone is a Droid 2 Global and is about 10 days old. All other features function and I had it's GSM unlocked from Verizon.

Every call I make works, but only for about 30 seconds. My home Ooma works 100% on the same internet connection.

Thanks
Can you call the 1-900-265-1001 phone number and wait for the call to end by itself after ~30 seconds. Then immediately use the support function in the app to send the log to us? I'll take a look at what the debugs is saying as to why the call is ending. BTW, what type of WiFi router are you using?

Droid2Global

Post by Droid2Global » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:57 am

Hi Dennis-

I called the 900 number and then sent a support email @ 9:54 MST with the issue being tagged as 'disconnect' from the phone. I am using a Netgear WGR614.

Thanks for checking on this!

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:13 am

Droid2Global wrote:Hi Dennis-

I called the 900 number and then sent a support email @ 9:54 MST with the issue being tagged as 'disconnect' from the phone. I am using a Netgear WGR614.

Hello,

I just tested the number & it appears to be working. Are you able to call the number from your telo?

Droid2Global

Post by Droid2Global » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:57 am

The 900 number connected just fine, but disconnected @ the 31 second mark. I then sent you the support ticket from the phone. I can call any phone number with the Ooma mobile app, but it never keeps the call on for more than around 30 secs. My teleo works fine with no issues.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Droid2Global wrote:Hi Dennis-

I looked at the debugs from the client. The server is rejecting one of the packets the client is sending, so the call times out after 30 seconds. The packet is being rejected by the server because it is has been corrupted. This happens most often because of problems on the home router. I'd suggest upgrading your Netgear to the latest firmware available and/or checking to see if it has an option to disable "SIP ALG".

Droid2Global

Post by Droid2Global » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Taaa-da! All is working.

First I updated the firmware and restarted everything and still no luck. The key was disabling the SIP-ALG on the WAN setup page for the router. The phone has exceeded the 31 second connect time!! I tested a couple of more calls for 2 minutes each and all is working fine.

Thank you for the help. I hope this helps some other mobile app users in the future.

whnovak

Post by whnovak » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:30 pm

I am having the same problem with new Google Galaxy Nexus phone running Android 4.1. The outgoing call shows connected but there is no ringing or voice response when I call the 1-900-265-1001 test number. The test number works when I call with the telo. My router has SIG disabled. I have a support request submitted to Oooma but no response as of yet.
Any suggestions?