In the event Ooma buckles?

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
castro211
In the event Ooma buckles?

Post by castro211 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:37 pm

What happens to our service and numbers? Are we given time to port numbers and such? Any government regulations to ensure continued 911 service? Just wondering.....

Thanks

*Which I hope never happens cause my system has been running like a rockstar for over a year!

nn5i

Re: In the event Ooma buckles?

Post by nn5i » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:10 pm

Like a rock star? Does that mean it always looks unwashed and unkempt, and makes loud unpleasant noises?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:43 pm

Don't think you should worry about it but Sun Rocket customers were able to port their numbers out. As for 911, if you don't have service, then there is no 911.

castro211

Post by castro211 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:46 am

nn5i wrote:Like a rock star? Does that mean it always looks unwashed and unkempt, and makes loud unpleasant noises?
Well...yeah. lol. Haven't dusted my hub in awhile. I don't like talking on the phone so a phone ring is actually unpleasant to me. HA
lbmofo wrote:Don't think you should worry about it but Sun Rocket customers were able to port their numbers out. As for 911, if you don't have service, then there is no 911.
Really, I'm not too worried I just wondered and assumed for telecom companies in the US to get privileges to operate they would have fail safes incase they do go under. I just see phone service almost as a "basic necessity" and gov't would try to prevent major problems with its interruption. Thanks for the reply!