incoming calls get all cicuits busy msg

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
tedpollard
incoming calls get all cicuits busy msg

Post by tedpollard » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:59 pm

Incoming calls are not getting through and the callers receive a all circuits busy message. I am able to dial out. This has happened occasionally in the past, but is occurring more and more frequently.

It's not my Ooma hub or anything on my end, as the callers range from landlines to cell phones from California to Delaware. I called level one, who wasted a bit of time and then put me through to level 2. Level 2 said they will get back to me in about 24 hrs. She kept asking for phone number that I missed so she could try to find them in the system. Those missed calls do not show up in my call log. The only reason I know I missed calls was the callers notified me via my cell phone. I just hope they are doing something and not bidding time hoping this goes away.

I have used my cell phone numerous times to call my Oooma number today to check on the frequency of this issue. It seems to happen about 75% of the time...yikes. They better fix or I need to get a more reliable service.

Any suggestions. I read others have changed their number, but that seems so drastic and a pain in the butt, being I have to notify all my contacts.

superdlux

Re: incoming calls get all cicuits busy msg

Post by superdlux » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:31 am

I've been getting the same thing. reset ooma and router. still the same.

tedpollard

Post by tedpollard » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:00 am

I have not heard back from ooma tech support level 2. They said they were looking into it and would get back to me. Frankly, their attitude sounded like "who cares." What scares me is they act like it is not a big deal, I guess because you already bought the product and their is nothing else you can do with respect to cancelling. Of course, repeat customers and positive feedback is what keeps a comany thriving. I don't think they get it.

If it happens again I think we are through with ooma. We have had it 2 years and gotten our money's worth. But to not have incoming calls get through is unacceptable.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:15 am

tedpollard wrote:Incoming calls are not getting through and the callers receive a all circuits busy message. I am able to dial out. This has happened occasionally in the past, but is occurring more and more frequently.
We had some of what you described during the last couple of days. I just kept after Ooma Support. I did give Ooma Support the numbers that called us, but didn't record in our My Ooma. This morning I had a couple of the people that couldn't get through to my Ooma phone number, call me. Everything worked fine. :D

scooter5624

Post by scooter5624 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:44 am

Having the same issue. I have call forewarding set up, but it doesn't send any incoming calls to my cell phone.

Update: Make sure the 'envelope' icon is blue. Mine had turned red, which means 'do not disturb' is on. Hold down the envelope button on the Telo until it turns blue.

All of my icons are blue, and I get incoming calls fine now.

DTMF

Post by DTMF » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:28 pm

That "intercept message" is a symptom an issue that Ooma needs to correct with one of its partners. Don't let them make you jump through hoops like rebooting or unplugging things to fix it, it's THEIR issue.
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.