Ooma Android HD App: Huge Disappointment.

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Lilly's_Closet
Ooma Android HD App: Huge Disappointment.

Post by Lilly's_Closet » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:52 am

Well curiosity finally got the best of me and I bought the Android application. I have to say that it reminded me of MS early attempts at VOIP using Net Meeting. Alot of echoing, out of phase speech, and delays.

Conversely, when I called the same 5 numbers using my SKYPE application and the same Phone, network, gateway, ISP, my calls were crystal clear. I would have to say that the Omma Android Application is a Fail…I wonder if there is a money back guarantee on the application that way I would apply it to my Skype Account lol.
Last edited by Lilly's_Closet on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lbmofo

Re: Ooma Android App: Huge Disappointment.

Post by lbmofo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:00 pm

The quality issues that you are talking about might be only with a select few.

With my iPhone 3G (very old), the previous version of app worked great as far as voice quality. But with the new HD app, the sound quality is less than desirable. I think I am a select few experiencing this issue due to hardware and/or other factors.

Lilly's_Closet

Post by Lilly's_Closet » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:36 pm

lbmofo honestly dude , why do you feel the need to respond to every positing regardless of if what you are saying makes sense. It is very annoying…

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:56 pm

Annoying or not, I shared some info that I thought might be useful to you and others.

I don't know yet why I am having issues with the latest app.

FYI, I don't respond to every thread. You are giving me too much credit.

Lilly's_Closet

Post by Lilly's_Closet » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:09 pm

“The quality issues that you are talking about might be only with a select few.”
Okay that was a helpful generalization...seriously man concentrate on the quality of your posts rather than the quantity. I have read through your posting history and I would say that based on some of the feedback to your posts your annoying as many people, if not more, as you are helping.

In addition, your persistent response of telling people that maybe they don’t deserve ooma or how you personally would like to see them terminate their ooma service because they don’t agree with you is infantile
Last edited by Lilly's_Closet on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:25 pm

Lilly's_Closet wrote:It is very annoying…
Lilly's_Closet wrote:....is infantile
Not sure how I got you all wound up but if you can reference a post or 2 citing how I told others they don't deserve ooma and/or where I said I'd like to see folks leave ooma, I'd appreciate it (so I can reflect).

Lilly's_Closet

Post by Lilly's_Closet » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:30 pm

Really...really... must we go down this road..

As a staunch ooma supporter, I am not 100% sure that I want you to stick around but that's a whole different topic.
Just read your posting history like I did, i think that will be all the reflection that you need. Again the "The Truth is out There'

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:47 pm

Ah...now, I remember :)

Here is where that started: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4048&p=64085#p64085

Hahaha.....I doubt others will think that I am being annoying and infantile after looking at the thread.

Besides, I think you misunderstood me when I said "no contest," I meant that you were in a better position to provide issue data.

Lilly's_Closet

Post by Lilly's_Closet » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Again, concentrate on the quality of your posting rather than the number, often time you respond with generalizations that have no merit on the issue, or with a “well, my ooma isn’t doing that.”
I hate to break it to you but that is not helpful, in addition, you have said some pretty mean infantile things on this board. No, I am not going to post a summary of them all on this board because I do not want to embarrass you however, a review of you posting history as well as some of the responses you have received to your postings and it should be self-evident .

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:00 pm

Lilly's_Closet wrote:Again, concentrate on the quality of your posting rather than the number, often time you respond with generalizations that have no merit on the issue, or with a “well, my ooma isn’t doing that.”
I hate to break it to you but that is not helpful, in addition, you have said some pretty mean infantile things on this board. No, I am not going to post a summary of them all on this board because I do not want to embarrass you however, a review of you posting history as well as some of the responses you have received to your postings and it should be self-evident .
That's is very kind of you.

But I still let this do the talking; others will see for themselves who is the one being difficult.
lbmofo wrote:Ah...now, I remember :)

Here is where that started: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4048&p=64085#p64085

Hahaha.....I doubt others will think that I am being annoying and infantile after looking at the thread.

Besides, I think you misunderstood me when I said "no contest," I meant that you were in a better position to provide issue data.
Last edited by lbmofo on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.