Voice Mail on Andriod?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
mattbooty
Re: Voice Mail on Andriod?

Post by mattbooty » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:35 pm

It downloads an mp3 that says "welcome to your ooma system" regardless of what mobile browser I open in.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Guess this means browser is able to process/play mp3 okay but from the voicemail page, not able to do what it needs to do to play mp3....probably my.ooma.com thing then not compatible with android phones.

mattbooty

Post by mattbooty » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:02 pm

Which is odd because it does work as long as you trick it into thinking you are coming from a desktop... in that scenario the page is still formatted like the mobile site, but voicemails download properly... seems like this would be an easy fix for them, let voicemails act the same on droids as they do on desktops.

Either way, I have what I need now, thank you all for responces.

Lilly's_Closet

Post by Lilly's_Closet » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:05 pm

I have this same issue on two android phones the droid incredible (Verizon) and a Moto Droid on (ATT) when I try to receive VM using the Android HD application (if the application does not hang witch it usually does unless I am on wifi) I get the same message. Until this experience I have not found an audio or video file that I could not open with my android phones.

Then I tried to log onto the ooma website to get the VM which is usually what I do from my phone, and interestingly enough even though I have done this hundreds of times in the past to check messages I get the same error message now.

xtomik

Post by xtomik » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:27 am

I don't think this is just a Android issue. I just tried to download a voicemail through the regular web interface on my desktop computer, and got an ooma-logo page with the error message "We're sorry, there was a problem processing the page."

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:23 pm

xtomik wrote:I don't think this is just a Android issue. I just tried to download a voicemail through the regular web interface on my desktop computer, and got an ooma-logo page with the error message "We're sorry, there was a problem processing the page."

Hello,

Assume you cleared browser cache files? What browser are you using & version. I could not replicate this.

Lilly's_Closet

Post by Lilly's_Closet » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:28 pm

I have cleared them but the problem persists, I am not sure if this is relevant but it began right around the time that I installed the Ooma HD application. In addition the ooma HD application behaves the same way when trying to access voice mails via its interface..

I am using the HTC Droid Incredible with the stock browser on the Verizon phone.

http://www.androidcentral.com/review-ve ... incredible

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:10 pm

Hello,

We were able to cause the issue on the vmails in the inbox on Ooma Mobile. We filed a bug & are working to fix this.