Dial tone but will not connect

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Rscheib
Dial tone but will not connect

Post by Rscheib » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:38 pm

I cant receive incomming calls or make outgoing calls. I have dial tone but when I dial a number, the line appears to go dead. If I call my Telo from my cell phone, it rings once and the line goes dead. Anybody have a solution.

ch1rravu

Re: Dial tone but will not connect

Post by ch1rravu » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Same PROBLEM here:

My Ooma service is not working. Outgoing calls are not going, even though Ooma dial-tone is present. On incoming call getting ring, but after I pick-up the line/phone i hear nothing (the callers/senders phone keeps ringing - I tested this calling from my cell to Ooma - and sometimes callers call going to voice mail, sometimes the caller keeps hearing ringing noise - On my end (ooma), the line goes blank - nothing happens.)

Rebooted Ooma hub, still problem remains ..

Checked Ooma status: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26 -- says OK status. Checked Twitter - status says ok ..

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:10 am

Try this first:
a. Access your Ooma Telo “home port” by plugging in a patch (network) cable from the Ooma Telo home port to a computer’s network card port. Sometimes you have to restart your computer after installing the patch cable, so that a proper connection occurs.
b. Type http://setup.ooma.com in you browser address window and hit enter. The “Ooma Setup” window opens.
c. In the left hand Navigation window, select “Network”.
d. Under “Modem Port MAC Address”, select Use Built in:
e. Select the “Update button”.
f. Do a “cold boot” of the modem.
g. Do a “cold boot” of the Ooma device or Router, which ever device is next in line.
h. After the Ooma device or router cold boot, do a “cold boot” of the Ooma device or router, which ever device is next in line.

oom101

Post by oom101 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:47 am

See above, but did you tell us if the Ooma was working and quit, or is it new?

And if never worked, are you sure the phone line is disconnected from the phone company outside or inside the house?
Or does it work if you plug a phone into the Ooma phone port ?

mjmadmin

Post by mjmadmin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:45 am

I had the EXACT same problem last night and this morning. I performed Thunderbird's suggestion of changing the mac address setting to "Use built in" and Ooma started working again. The address it was set to previously was the same as the built in address.

Thunderbird, I'm curious why this fixed things. Any insight?