Missed call, message left but not on system AGAIN!!!

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
murphy
Re: Missed call, message left but not on system AGAIN!!!

Post by murphy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:05 pm

mtnmedic wrote:Well, it's my 70 year old mom we're talking about. :D
Just for the record I'm older than your mother. ;)
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

mtnmedic

Post by mtnmedic » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:31 pm

thunderbird wrote:mtnmedic:
How do you have your Ooma Telo setup? Modem-Ooma-Router, or Modem-Router-Ooma?

What is the manufacture's names and model numbers of your Modem and Router?

Has Ooma updated your Ooma Telo's firmware to Device Status - Rev: 1.43368?
Telo is directly connected by cable to a second modem in the house that has a direct cable internet access. No router or anything involved with that setup.

Modem is Arris TM602G/CT

No, Ooma has NOT updated my firmware to the latest version. I noticed this and mentioned it earlier in this thread, which is 1.42086.

Keep in mind: this is the set up I first started with in the very beginning over a year ago and it's worked FLAWLESSLY, with multi-ring to my cellphone without need to press "1" to take a forwarded call and no issues with voice mail UNTIL late last year...then that cleared up mysteriously and now it's cropped up again. I have NOT made any changes to my setup, connections, computers, system, ANYTHING.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:17 am

Just out of the blue this morning, my router had me jumping through the Hoops!

My Ooma was flashing red.

Some time back, in part to add stability to the Ooma connection, I had configured the Ooma Telo to use the "Built-in" MAC address, and the router to reserve a Static IP address for the Ooma Telo. After configuring the Ooma to use "Built-in" MAC address and to use a Static IP address, I never have had a red flashing Ooma. Except If I shutoff the router, then the Ooma will flash red. But after starting the router, the Ooma Telo will reconnect again on its own, without rebooting the Ooma Telo.

My router indicated that the Modem was disconnected, but trying to reconnect. So I did all the reboots, several times. Still no help.

So to isolate the problem, I connected a computer directly to the Modem. That worked, I could access the Internet using the computer connected to the modem.

After checking some more, I found that the LAN/WiFi part of the Router was functioning, but not the WAN part. This router is a good low end commercial gigabit router, that’s only about six months old. It shouldn’t be failing. I did router factory resets three times, no help. I downgraded the router firmware from the latest version, to one revision back. No help. Than I downloaded the latest router firmware version from the Internet, and let the router auto-install the firmware. That woke up the LAN part of the router and everything is humming again. I still have to reroute, connect and tie all of those network cables that I disconnected for troubleshooting. That's going to be this weekend's job.

mtnmedic some ideas for your problems from a different angle:

I'm wondering if something like what happen to me, as described above, is happening to you.

Modem firmware automatically updated? My modem automatically updates to the latest firmware. Or maybe modem needs firmware updates.

By now you probably have selected to use "Built-in" MAC address, but if you haven't, try it.

When you find time, just for troubleshooting, you could try to connect you Ooma device to your other modem's router. Even if you have to set the Ooma device on a chair and use just one corded phone. Than make and receive some calls to see if your result improves, stay the same, or get better.

But first I’d wait for the latest Ooma Telo firmware update, than see if you have any improvements from the Ooma firmware update.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:57 am

mtnmedic more information:

Modem is Arris TM602G/CT
Looking on the Internet I found that the Arris TM602G/CT modem can be negatively sensitive to MAC address spoofing. The Ooma device uses MAC address spoofing when the Ooma’s MAC address is set to the "Automatic" mode. So be sure to set the Ooma device to use "Built-in" MAC address to eliminate that possibility.

Quote: Did you press the reset button on the Arris modem? Un-powering and repowering doesn't reset it because it has a built-in battery. You can also unplug the modem, and remove the battery for a full modem reboot.

One person reported that placing a phone (I think cordless base) to close to the Arris TM602G/CT modem caused problems.

mtnmedic

Post by mtnmedic » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:00 pm

HERE IT IS AGAIN!!!!! I AM SO ANGRY!!!

I'VE LOST SEVERAL IMPORTANT PHONE CALLS! PEOPLE HAVE CALLED MY NUMBER, THE PHONE RINGS JUST ONCE AND THAT'S IT. VOICE MAIL DOESN'T DELIVER MESSAGES. I CALL THE PEOPLE WHO CALLED AND THEY SAY THEY'VE LEFT MESSAGES.

ALL THIS DESPITE EVERYTHING I'VE DONE ACCORDING TO THE SUGGESTIONS ABOVE.

I MISSED A DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT BECAUSE OF THIS!!! MY ATTORNEY IS VERY MAD, TOO. SHE WANTS TO SUE OOMA BECAUSE THIS HAD A DIRECT NEGATIVE EFFECT ON MY WORKERS COMP CASE!

AND! I SET THE CALL FORWARD TO "ONLY IF POWER GOES OUT" YET IT CONTINUES TO MULTI-RING AS IF I NEVER CHANGED THE SETTING!!!

MY SYSTEM HAS NOT CHANGED. I HAVE NOT CHANCED ISPS. I HAVE NOT CHANGED MY MODEM. I HAVE NOT CHANGED MY SETTINGS OTHER THAN ABOVE. THIS IS THE SAME SET UP THAT I STARTED OUT OVER A YEAR AGO AND IT WORKED BEAUTIFULLY UNTIL LATE LAST YEAR WHEN THIS PROBLEM CROPPED UP. IT WENT AWAY. THEN IT CAME BACK A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO. IT WENT AWAY AND NOW IT'S BACK!!!!

JUST NOW SPOKE WITH ONE OF THE CALLERS. THE CALL LOG SHOWED HE CALLED ONCE TODAY. HE SAID HE CALLED MY NUMBER FIVE TIMES TODAY. EACH TIME IT JUST RANG AND RANG AND RANG FOR 8 TO 15 TIMES AND VOICEMAIL NEVER PICKED UP. OOMA LOG SHOWED HE ONLY CALLED ONCE TODAY.

WTF IS GOING ON?????

OOMA ! FIX YOUR CRAP!! I AM VERY, VERY, VERY ANGRY!

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Are you now forward on network outage or multi-ring?

mtnmedic

Post by mtnmedic » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:07 pm

lbmofo wrote:Are you now forward on network outage or multi-ring?

I set it to forward on network outage over a month ago. It seemed to work okay (as far as the incoming phone calls and messages were concerned) but still continue to multi-ring my cell phone as if I'd never made the change in the setting. Now I'm missing calls, callers aren't getting my voice mail (some are some aren't) and so forth.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Have you tried fixing that problem with customer service? Take on one problem at a time. Why is forward on network outage multi-ring'ing?

mtnmedic

Post by mtnmedic » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:17 pm

lbmofo wrote:Have you tried fixing that problem with customer service? Take on one problem at a time. Why is forward on network outage multi-ring'ing?

I have zero clue as to why it's multi-ringing when it's set to forward on network outage.

I am so pissed. This unreliability and "system gets confused sometimes" is really starting to have a serious effect on me.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:24 pm

If you set forward on network outage to your cell, the only time cell should ring is when your ooma is offline. Does it get knocked offline often?