Incoming NOT coming

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Incoming NOT coming

Post by 883 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:14 pm

I have one Core unit that is hooked up directly to my modem and a Panasonic cordless phone hooked up to the Core.

I have family who are bumped immediately to my voicemail whenever they try to call from their land-line and (very recently) other family who get a systems busy (fast busy) signal when they try to call from their land-line (both different parts of the country.

Interestingly I had NO problems while my free Premier sample was running. IMMEDIATELY after it ended (I did not renew), the first problem described began to occur and has -without fail- for months. Now I am suddenly being told by the other family members of the second condition. Mind you, I do not believe that the ending of the Premier service really had anything to do with this, but still find it an odd conicidence. Initially I wondered if the number blocking option had somehow stuck and erroneously assigned one of my family incoming calls to the "send to voicemail" option...

I did a number port from Vonage when I hooked the Core unit up and find it strange that the temporary number (until my Vonage number was transfered) is still assigned to me (I have two phone numbers even though I did a number port and do not have Premier). I don't see this as a problem but am including it in the event that it could be of any use in helping me steer toward an answer/solution combo regarding the challenges detailed in the second paragraph.

Thank you for ANY help that can be provided. I have been a big Ooma fan and even moved others to pick up Ooma boxes, and it is frustrating to be having these problems after being so vocal about Ooma's superiority relative to our former Vonage experience.

thunderbird

Re: Incoming NOT coming

Post by thunderbird » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:37 am

883:
First run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ a couple of times. Than click on left lower tab, cut and paste results here.

See below for post from Ooma Forum Moderator Bobby B.

[quote="Bobby B" Ooma Forum Moderator: If you have a problem with one-way audio or delay during the call, please record the date/time of the call and the called number. It's important to note if the problem is reproducible. If it is, it can usually be resolved more quickly. quote]

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

danlisman

Post by danlisman » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:49 am

Last month I had a day of no incoming calls. My only suggestion is to try turning Ooma off and back on to let it reboot. Seemed to fix my problem at that time.
Get rid of satellite/cable. Buy DVR to Pause-Rewind-Record live antenna HDTV.
http://MustardTree.eCRATER.com

Post by 883 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:55 am

thunderbird:

Please note though that I do not have any trouble with call quality as the ref. to Bobby B.'s comments suggests. The problem is that certain people cannot successfully call me from their land-lines. One goes directly to the voicemail, the other (very recently) gets a systems busy signal when they try to call our Ooma. As a side note, not that a 4 is terrible, but my MOS score is typically a little higher than in the test that I just posted.

danlisman:

I also attempted to unplug the Core... I have also reset my modem a number of times. The fact that it is consistently the same two people/incoming numbers who cannot reach me makes me think there must be something wrong beyond my Ooma equipment though.

Seriously though, I am so glad this forum exists. Thank you for the incoming support!

VoIP test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 0.5 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 0.9 ms
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0 %
Packet loss: server --> you: 0.2 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 0.0 %
Estimated MOS score: 4.0

Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 11906472 bps
Upload speed: 366472 bps
Download quality of service: 95 %
Upload quality of service: 99 %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum TCP delay: 72 ms
Average download pause: 2 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 45 ms
Average round trip time to server: 47 ms
Estimated download bandwidth: 26400000bps
Route concurrency: 2.2172816
Download TCP forced idle: 59 %
Maximum route speed: --
Last edited by 883 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:35 am

883:
I can't see anything the stands out with the test that you ran.

The problem that you are having also should be reported the way that Bobby B described.

When I report a problem, especially if I have to provide phone numbers, times, etc, the things that Bobby B said to report, I like to do it with an E-mail to Ooma support. It seems like I spend less time, as compared to being on the phone, and get better results. I usually E-mail Ooma support everyday, even if I haven't gotten a reply from Ooma support, until the problem is resolved.

Post by 883 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Well, I figured out what was happening with one of the households that could not call my number. It turned out that they were calling my temp. number (the one I had during the porting process-until my number was ported). This number goes directly to voice mail.

This brings up other questions involoving why I even have the second number still -- and since I still have it, why it only goes to voice mail...

So this leaves only the matter of the recent development where one caller keeps getting the systems busy signal when trying to call me from his landline.

50% solved is pretty good for one day worth of troubleshooting.

tonymena

Post by tonymena » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:28 pm

I am having the same problem, it is only one person that I know, i I have been with ooma for 2 years happy with the service, I want to help ooma this time to solve this issue, it may be part of the configuration system, I want every body to be able to call any ooma phone numbers.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:37 pm

883 wrote:Well, I figured out what was happening with one of the households that could not call my number. It turned out that they were calling my temp. number (the one I had during the porting process-until my number was ported). This number goes directly to voice mail.

This brings up other questions involoving why I even have the second number still -- and since I still have it, why it only goes to voice mail...

So this leaves only the matter of the recent development where one caller keeps getting the systems busy signal when trying to call me from his landline.

50% solved is pretty good for one day worth of troubleshooting.
883: See if you can get the person that can't get through to you to dial 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx (your Ooma phone number in this format).
Last edited by thunderbird on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tonymena

Post by tonymena » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:28 pm

I have the premier service and one of my friends can't call me through neither of my numbers, the same thing happen when she try to call some other of my friends who I have reconmended ooma phones. I am guessing it may be some incompatibility with her company and ooma system. Hopefully it is going to be solved by ooma techs any time soon. Please let me kow when this is fixed.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:01 pm

tonymena wrote:I have the premier service and one of my friends can't call me through neither of my numbers, the same thing happen when she try to call some other of my friends who I have reconmended ooma phones. I am guessing it may be some incompatibility with her company and ooma system. Hopefully it is going to be solved by ooma techs any time soon. Please let me kow when this is fixed.
See if you can get the person that can't get through to you to dial 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx (your Ooma phone number in this format).