My flash button is not working

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
dpalecek
My flash button is not working

Post by dpalecek » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:32 pm

When I have a call waiting call come in, I hear the call waiting tone, and the phones attached to the Scout start ringing, but pushing the flash button on the wireless handset does not switch to the incoming call. It worked for about the first week (prior to the landline that is connected to this being re-provisioned to ooma). Now it no longer works. What am I doing wrong? I still have a landline attached to this, but the landline does not have any services like call waiting on it.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Re: My flash button is not working

Post by Dennis P » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:25 pm

I've reconfigured the box to process the flash event and switch lines. Previously it was setup to pass the flash through to the landline.

tlcmike

Post by tlcmike » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:09 pm

How do you do this? I have the same problem my flash does not work when incoming calls come in. By pushing either the flash or the flashing 1 button does not switch over. I also have a landline still using my original (process of porting) number. Wondering if when I disconect the landline after porting it will work?

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:28 am

We're still working to let you configure this directly in the ooma Lounge. I've gone ahead and updated config for you.

edkruft

Post by edkruft » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:31 pm

I am using the Ooma Hub with a landline (no longer have the Scout hooked up). We can hear the call waiting beep, but pressing the flash button does nothing. Note that we do not see the number of the person who is calling (while we are on another call, regular caller id works fine).

dlong

Post by dlong » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:19 pm

Dennis, how much longer until this flash-through feature is implemented via lounge? I have no flash as well ever since my number finished porting (from previous landline). I was thinking of calling support; however, I'll wait to test this if this is soon to be implemented from the lounge.

edkruft, you also qualify for support to reprovision your flash for landline use.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:25 pm

It's been a couple week for a couple weeks now. Coding is done, just trying to get through QA and go to production. We've had to do a great deal of juggling in terms of priorities to address the outages of this week though, so I can't make any promises right now. I would say if you need the pass-through function, let me know or give support a call. Thanks.

dlong

Post by dlong » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:14 pm

Okay, I won't wait on testing the lounge implementation then. Yes I do need the flash pass-through for my 2 Premiere lines. And, thanks a million Dennis.

I do have a question. When the features such as flash-passthrough are implemented via lounge, are these carried out in real-time by web-based code (spontaneously)? Or are these changes carried out by humans during the day in a workload que? I am just curious. And, thanks again.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:11 pm

OK. dlong - disabled flash pass-through. edkruft - enabled flash pass-through.

To answer your question dlong, features on the web are provisioned in near real-time down to your device. It's not instantaneous because we queue up events before we send it down - but there's no one behind the curtain, so to say.

brd

Post by brd » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:57 am

Dennis,

I am in the same scenario. When a 2nd call comes in I hit the flash button and all I hear is the Ooma tone. Then later I find a vm on my comcast system. My number is scheduled to be ported on 4/30.

It would be nice to have call waiting before then.

Thanks