LACK OF RESPONSE FROM OOMA

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
EA PA
Re: LACK OF RESPONSE FROM OOMA

Post by EA PA » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:20 pm

In contrast, I am 2 mo user. I have a Telo and handset. I have had 0 problems with my handset besides a few issues that I recommended for design enhancements. I believe that I have a later version of handset - I read that there are 3 but don't know this for sure and don't know how to tell. I have had no technical or operational issues with the handset at all. I give my handset a B+ so far.

I had called OOMA several times for rookie user issues and got through immediately. My problems were mostly solved, however they were not very technically challenging. I did discover that accents were a bit difficult to overcome but we got through it. I have also generated some email on some questions that I had and went back and forth a few times. I was somewhat satisfied with the answers I suppose - with 24 hour response. Finally, If I make enough noise on this forum, once in awhile the OOMA guys jump in to help. I give the phone folks a B, and the email folks a C. In my opinion, the better help is on this forum.

There is lots of information available through the support search tool, but its time consuming to mine through. However almost every question I have had thus far has some literature available that discusses. I find this valuable as well. Good luck
Customer Since: 12/2010
Telecom Equipment: 1 Telo, 1 Handset, (4) Dect 6 Uniden DECT1580-4WXTPT
IN THE MONEY: 09/2011
Poor Legacy Carrier: Frontier

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:18 pm

morecompdesign wrote:OOMA is the absolute WORST company in regards to customer service that I have ever experienced in my 40 years. Their equipment is substandard referring especially to their handsets. Even though it's paid for itself over the last 12 months, I would've rather paid double just to get through the year with some sort of SANITY!

I am not an irrational person posting slander. I have tried to get this fixed by calling their customer service/tech support 5 times only to get an agent that I can hardly understand as well as sit on the call during my busy day for well over 45 minutes and for the most part way past an hour only to never get any remedy or human response from their "Engineering Department".

Does OOMA really have an "Engineering Department"? Can anyone legitimately answer this question?

0 Stars and two thumbs down. Shame on you OOMA whoever you are!
What precisely is your issue?

kieranmullen

Post by kieranmullen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:42 pm

So it is not the Phillipines as I have read? Is this confirmed? Thanks!
scots wrote:I've never tried support via e-mail with ooma, but I've never had any problems with getting support when calling them and have even gotten assistance from ooma employees in these forums. I have no complaints on their support. The best thing about ooma support is that it's right here in the good ol' USA, not in some foreign country where you can't understand anything they're saying to you.

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:22 pm

kieranmullen wrote:So it is not the Phillipines as I have read? Is this confirmed? Thanks!
scots wrote:I've never tried support via e-mail with ooma, but I've never had any problems with getting support when calling them and have even gotten assistance from ooma employees in these forums. I have no complaints on their support. The best thing about ooma support is that it's right here in the good ol' USA, not in some foreign country where you can't understand anything they're saying to you.
When that statement was made in April 2009 support was in the US. Later that year it was moved to the Phillipines.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

kieranmullen

Post by kieranmullen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:38 pm

What statement? Link?
murphy wrote:
kieranmullen wrote:So it is not the Phillipines as I have read? Is this confirmed? Thanks!
When that statement was made in April 2009 support was in the US. Later that year it was moved to the Phillipines.

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:44 pm

kieranmullen wrote:What statement? Link?
The statement that you quoted.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx