ooma Outages - Corrective action plan

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
southsound
Re: ooma Outages - Corrective action plan

Post by southsound » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:47 pm

Wonderful response, Dennis. As has already been said, the two outages have brought about a plan and strategy that will provide us with even more reliability. When a company turns a negative into a positive for its customers, it shows what is most important to that company. Thank you for putting your users first. This is just one more bit of evidence that I made two right decisions. The first by buying ooma and a second by being an active part of the awesome user support network on this forum.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Magus

Post by Magus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:51 am

Dennis, you and the Ooma team ought to be congratulated for the openness, fast response, great communications and decisive action during and since the outage. With all the improvements you describe, the outage evidently had a silver lining. Ooma will be stronger for it and I love blue.

Re the status indication on the web, any chance of hardwiring this so that it instantly shows and does not need manual setting or interpretation? In fact, the status could be a continuous monitoring graph, so that long-term reliability can be shown, say 99.9% uptime and you can see its history. I am also wondering if we can have in the lounge a status light for the specific Ooma hub/account logged in. Finally, since the phone support lines, web server and lounge authentication all failed together, at least the web server should be mirrored asap. Good job!
Blue Lover

Gators

Post by Gators » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:29 am

Thanks for being customer focused. Not many companies are. Most are willing to take your money and then take you for granted.
I really appreciate you letting us see your action plan and give us the ability to comment on it.

Carl

Post by Carl » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:24 am

Sounds like a good plan of action Dennis. I'm glad to hear you're adding ISP redundancy. A second datacenter would be great too but that obviously takes time....Minneapolis is nice!

oompa

Post by oompa » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:18 am

Thank you.

ooma-fan

Post by ooma-fan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:54 am

THANKS Dennis&OOMA for the solid action plan.

A proud OOMA-fan
Lifetime Premier Member

Soundjudgment

Post by Soundjudgment » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:31 am

Long-live the Blue, in OOOOooooo!
ooma customer since December 2008
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Premier, Lifetime Member
<< The following line intentionally left blank >>

arlane05

Post by arlane05 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:33 am

All I can say to a proactive approach to this issue is WOW! You will never see this from ma bell and the other cronies, including Von(yech!)age.
Comendable job! now if we can get my number port wrapped up I'll be in great shape

j2kj

Post by j2kj » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:57 am

Dennis, I'd also like to congratulate you and the Ooma team for the quick response, decisive action and public transparency concerning the recent outages. Hopefully this is a sign of continued greatness from Ooma...

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:18 am

Long live ooma!
Great job team!

Wayne