Call Forwarding - HELP NEEDED

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Grace
Call Forwarding - HELP NEEDED

Post by Grace » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:47 pm

OK so here's what I have:
1) land line with two phone numbers on that one line;
2) land line forwarded to OOMA number (nonported)
3) OOMA forwarded to my iPhone.

Got that?

To recap: ALL PHONE LINES are ULTIMATELY FORWARDED TO MY iPHONE.

OK so here's the problem:
The land phone forwards to OOMA but OOMA does NOT forward the calls to my iPhone which means I'm missing all the calls that come in on my land line until I can get to my computer to see who called me via the OOMA voicemail.

I cannot forward my land phone to my iPhone because - get a load of this - I get CHARGED by the &*@#$% land line phone company for each forwarded call since the @#$$%%#$@ land line phone company tells me my cellphone number is NOT LOCAL to my landline. (I could scream.)

So WHY isn't OOMA grabbing my FORWARDED LAND LINE CALLS and FORWARDING THEM ON to my iPhone???????????????

WayneDsr

Re: Call Forwarding - HELP NEEDED

Post by WayneDsr » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:22 pm

I'm trying to think this one out.
Can you forward from ooma to another phone other than your iphone?
I guess what I'm asking is, do you know if your Multi Ring is working?

Wayne

Grace

Post by Grace » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:12 pm

WayneDsr wrote:I'm trying to think this one out.
Can you forward from ooma to another phone other than your iphone?
I guess what I'm asking is, do you know if your Multi Ring is working?

Wayne
THANKS FOR THE REPLY!
Yes - I forwarded my OOMA phones to the land line, and no problem.

And my OOMA lines forward just fine to the iPhone.

The glitch seems to be that "double forwarding" of the land lines to the OOMA service to the iPhone - that's not happening.

What I was hoping to accomplish was to have ALL phone numbers forwarded to my iPhone and my iPhone voicemail to take all messages, since I'm using the iPhone pretty much exclusively as "command central".

That worked VERY WELL when I independently forwarded my land line to the iPhone, and independently forwarded OOMA to the iPhone.

BUT I WILL NOT PAY the @#$%$% land line phone company to have MY OWN PHONE CALLS forwarded to MYSELF - I'm blond but I'm not THAT stupid! (Referring to my first post, the land line company charged me to forward the calls to my iPhone saying it was not a local number and thus carried a per minute fee!!!)

Problem is, when I forward the land line to OOMA, OOMA doesn't forward THOSE forwarded land line calls on to the iPhone. And what is worse, all my callers to my land line who are accustomed to hearing the voicemail on my iPhone are now hearing this oddball voicemail on OOMA and of course I'm highly inconvenienced and can't work effectively because I'm missing 1/3 of my phone calls (the calls from the land lines) and can't even pick up messages until I go to the computer to grab them.

I guess I could have a notification sent to my iPhone that I had an OOMA message, but I'm too cheap to add text messaging to my iPhone since I text no one and don't want to have any one texting me.

So I'm open for additional comments/suggestions.

THANK YOU

funone46

Post by funone46 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:02 am

My question is when forwarding is it the same proceedure 72# to forward and 73# to diable?
Ooma customer since Febuary 2009 - savings so far $ 1000.00
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

number9

Post by number9 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:30 am

Do you have the premier service? The only way to forward you calls, per your set up, is through the multi ring feature that's only available with the premier service. It's currently in beta so all features of multi ring may not be working or have some glitches not yet worked out.
Plays PRS guitars

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:45 am

You ARE using MULTIRING to send your calls from ooma to iphone, correct?
If you are using MultiRing, then there's no reason your calls would not multiring to the iphone. There's really no double forwarding here. When your ooma phone rings at home, multiring should also ring your iphone.

Wayne

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:22 am

I don't know why your landline is not "forwarding" (multi-ring) from ooma to your iPhone. Have you answered calls to your landline through ooma? Do you have to indicate in anyway to take the call (like pressing 1)?

I do know that calls to ooma that are sent through multi-ring require you to press 1 to accept the call, so your plan to have all your calls go to voicemail on your iPhone won't work.

Grace

Post by Grace » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:38 am

funone46 wrote:My question is when forwarding is it the same proceedure 72# to forward and 73# to diable?

Yes - I use #72 to forward the land line and #73 to disable. That's the standard code, as I understand it.

Of course, to forward the OOMA lines I use the settings we get online at ooma.com.

Grace

Post by Grace » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:41 am

number9 wrote:Do you have the premier service? The only way to forward you calls, per your set up, is through the multi ring feature that's only available with the premier service. It's currently in beta so all features of multi ring may not be working or have some glitches not yet worked out.

Good point.
I DO have premiur and I DO use the multi ring function and my hunch is, there's a glitch right there in that mechanism.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:42 am

Ok, so when you are set up as you stated, your ooma phone rings and your Iphone doesn't??? (when set up in Multi-Ring)

Wayne