How long have you had your Ooma?

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Meredithbay
Re: How long have you had your Ooma?

Post by Meredithbay » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:20 pm

I've purchased 3 Oomas; 1 hub+scout and 2 tellos.

I've had no problems with the Hub/Scout.

One of the tellos failed at about 6 months (you could not retrieve voice mail at the base unit -- but could retrieve them from a connected phone). This was replaced under warranty.

The second Tello failed at exactly 13 months (or one month out of warranty). The failure with this unit is that it would not boot properly -- the line 1+2 lines would light up solid blue when powered on, but it would not go any further. Ooma customer support suggested I purchase a new unit. I expressed my disappointment with the apparent reliability of the Telos (based on my limited experience -- 2 out of 2 failed). The customer support person told me that they last "about 2 years". While I applaud her honesty, I have a hard time understanding how a non-mechanical electronic device has a lifetime of only 2 years. This suggests a serious quality issue.

westend

Post by westend » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi,

My hub is almost 2 years old. I've never had any major issues. Certainly never experienced delay or echo. When calling 866 conference lines the call will get garbled every so often. I just hang up and redial. I've used the phone to call internaltionally and I find the quality great. The international rates are really low. I think I paid about $170 for my hub and I've saved a ton since then.

Best regards,

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:34 am

circlef wrote:The only problem I've had is what to do with all that money I've saved since I axed AT&T ;)
PM me and I'll give you an address to send it to.

daet

Post by daet » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:42 am

Hub since April 2009; Telo for about 17 months (October 2009). Three handsets from Ooma, one purchased off eBay. So far, no problems (touch wood?)
Ooma customer since April 2009
Ooma equipment: Hub ; Telo + 4 handsets
Ooma service: Annual Premier subscription

kieranmullen

Post by kieranmullen » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:30 pm

Activated Core from Amazon in Nov 2010 based on the $3.98 was paying for my DID through vitelity.net using a nerdvittles.com discount I wll have it paid off Fri Nov 1, 2013 For outgoing calls I was using smslisto.com allowing 90 days per 10 Euro deposit of 300 minutes every 7 days They have made improvements in their system so there are USA based termination, but outgoing caller ID was sometimes spotty.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:23 am

kieranmullen wrote:Activated Core from Amazon in Nov 2010 based on the $3.98 was paying for my DID through vitelity.net using a nerdvittles.com discount I wll have it paid off Fri Nov 1, 2013 For outgoing calls I was using smslisto.com allowing 90 days per 10 Euro deposit of 300 minutes every 7 days They have made improvements in their system so there are USA based termination, but outgoing caller ID was sometimes spotty.
My head hurts just looking at what you did before Ooma. Keep it simple is the idea.

kieranmullen

Post by kieranmullen » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:29 am

actally i never went over the minutes so i never checked. so it was velieve it or not prettty simple

in fact my father used the dialin abilites to also use the same free minutes for free calls to the uk, ireland & austrailia.. simple for him to use too...

lbmofo wrote:
kieranmullen wrote:Activated Core from Amazon in Nov 2010 based on the $3.98 was paying for my DID through vitelity.net using a nerdvittles.com discount I wll have it paid off Fri Nov 1, 2013 For outgoing calls I was using smslisto.com allowing 90 days per 10 Euro deposit of 300 minutes every 7 days They have made improvements in their system so there are USA based termination, but outgoing caller ID was sometimes spotty.
My head hurts just looking at what you did before Ooma. Keep it simple is the idea.