Caller Id not showing phone number

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
oldanbo
Re: Caller Id not showing phone number

Post by oldanbo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:18 pm

The raccoon is stirring the stew..... :)

love it!

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:36 pm

Thanks to SouthSound, we won't have to worry about Therman anymore. :P

Therman.jpg
Therman.jpg (8.58KiB)Viewed 5333 times
[/size]

Trinimd

Post by Trinimd » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:34 pm

Waiting patiently for update still..
OOMA TELO 1 (Purchased Dec 2009.)
OOMA Telo 2 (Purchased Feb 2010.)
3 Ooma Handsets (Free from refer a friend) Sold all 3 POS on Ebay
2 GE ATT DECT 6.0
7 Uniden 1580 DECT 6.0
20 Refer A friends Completed

All Powered by one Phone Socket

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:03 am

What I want to know: is an Alpaca different from a Green Bay Paca, or is it just a Green Bay guy named Al?

AlpacaLips

Post by AlpacaLips » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:50 am

nn5i wrote:What I want to know: is an Alpaca different from a Green Bay Paca, or is it just a Green Bay guy named Al?
Everyone knows that Alpaca, being native to Peru, prefer soccer to American football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSX0vAZLZEI

jaylee33

Post by jaylee33 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:48 pm

Bobby B wrote:It depends on the Ooma phone number you have. The root of the problem is the inbound caller-ID phone number for certain Ooma phone numbers have a special character in it that the Telo doesn't know how to handle today. The fix will correct this special character handling.
tomcat wrote:If all telos have the same firmware (I am assuming they do), why would some be effected while others are not?
Well, the Caller ID was working perfectly up until March 17th, so apparently it could handle this special character at that time. Why not just roll it back? Still waiting for a fix and not being able to call people back from the call log or see what number is calling is getting really old really fast. Calls coming in (forwarding) from my google number still iffy, too. Sometimes I get the call ringing through to Ooma, sometimes, it never rings through and just leaves a voicemail online-- the only way I know anyone tried to call. Makes me wonder how many other inbound calls directly to my Ooma number I am missing, but will never know because the caller cannot leave a voicemail.

For the record, when getting incoming calls I only see the name-- not name and number which eventually disappear as someone else reported. It's just the name at any time. I don't get why it is taking so long to roll back this problem. Hope they really are working on it.

Jare_mc

Post by Jare_mc » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:39 pm

jaylee33 wrote:
Bobby B wrote:It depends on the Ooma phone number you have. The root of the problem is the inbound caller-ID phone number for certain Ooma phone numbers have a special character in it that the Telo doesn't know how to handle today. The fix will correct this special character handling.
tomcat wrote:If all telos have the same firmware (I am assuming they do), why would some be effected while others are not?
Well, the Caller ID was working perfectly up until March 17th, so apparently it could handle this special character at that time. Why not just roll it back? Still waiting for a fix and not being able to call people back from the call log or see what number is calling is getting really old really fast. Calls coming in (forwarding) from my google number still iffy, too. Sometimes I get the call ringing through to Ooma, sometimes, it never rings through and just leaves a voicemail online-- the only way I know anyone tried to call. Makes me wonder how many other inbound calls directly to my Ooma number I am missing, but will never know because the caller cannot leave a voicemail.

For the record, when getting incoming calls I only see the name-- not name and number which eventually disappear as someone else reported. It's just the name at any time. I don't get why it is taking so long to roll back this problem. Hope they really are working on it.

I have this exact same problem as well.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:52 pm

There have been some updates in this area with Ooma Telo 45073 Fimware Release. Check and see if you have the firmware update. If you do, check and see if you are still having the same problems.

Dial *#*#001 to hear the firmware version.

AlpacaLips

Post by AlpacaLips » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:43 pm

thunderbird wrote:There have been some updates in this area with Ooma Telo 45073 Fimware Release. Check and see if you have the firmware update. If you do, check and see if you are still having the same problems.

Dial *#*#001 to hear the firmware version.
I have the 45073 firmware, and today 4/5 calls appear correctly. 1 call shows the number in both the name and number fields, but this might just be the way that particular call came in.

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:09 am

thunderbird wrote:Dial *#*#001 to hear the firmware version.
That doesn't work for me -- all I get is the off-hook warning noise.